General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: MAXIMUM RATES AN OWNER CAN CHARGE (BY LAW)

These guys have all sorts of ways they can get around the laws. Yellow charges over 600.00 a week for a later model vehicle lease. I can tell you from my part though, I would lose money to rent to a driver for 473.00 a week. I am an owner operator and am just making enough to scrape by. My vehicle would need a thousand dollars worth of repairs after being torn up by some of these so called drivers over a few weeks time.

It will never happen, but I would sell my cab and lease one if it ever does. A lease that is charged by ones record as a driver. Just a dream I guess.

Bottom line, the city is responsible for our hard times. They are not letting us charge fair rates of fare. We are real low compared to other large cities. Our expenses are some of the highest in the nation. If we can charge fair rates of fare to our customers many of our other problems will seem smaller once we're earning our fair share! Putting the companies into bankrupcy isn't my idea of fixing a broken business. Charging enough to make a decent living is.