General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Weighing in on important observations of a man of good heart.

george,

try, if you will, to point out where steve's discourse was 'littered with insults"? you who dont even know when you insult people because you have no cultural sensitivity, should not even TRY to dialogue with people of different cultures.
oh they'll give you lip service because they think you know how things work here, and maybe you do, but that doesn't mean we all have to sell our principles to get along with the devils who run this system.

most people raised in america reallly don't have those kind of sensitivities, so i don't blame you too much, but you should at leastt try to be aware of your own limitatations and shortcomings. take a couple classes, go live in some other countries for several years, or something like that. you've got no business even talking to a kyrgizian or a malian or a haitian if you don't know anything about their historical experiences or culture.

and don't try to tell us that we should all try to adapt to and compromise to the cultural morass and desolation of spirtuality that the US represents. we would all have to sacrifice our humanity to do so, and if you actually presented that as a compromise and proposal for people from other cultures to consider, those with any heart or soul would reject it outright. i do.

there is no soul here and the politics is corrupt beyond belief. if you don't know this, you should make it your life's mission for the next five years to learn why. it would take at least that long if it was your passion, and much longer if you were just curious about the country you live in and how it got to be so f-ed up.

p

getting real

george,

try, if you will, to point out where steve's discourse was 'littered with insults"? you--who dont even know when you insult people because you have no cultural sensitivity, should not even TRY to dialogue with people of different cultures.
oh they'll give you lip service because they think you know how things work here, and maybe you do, but that doesn't mean we all have to sell our principles to get along with the corrupt devils who run this system.

most people raised in america reallly don't have those kind of sensitivities, so i don't blame you too much, but you should at leastt try to be aware of your own limitatations and shortcomings. take a couple classes, go live in some other countries for several years, or something like that. you've got no business even talking to a kyrgizian or a malian or a haitian if you don't know anything about their historical experiences or culture.

and don't try to tell us that we should all try to adapt to and compromise to the cultural morass and desolation of spirtuality that the US represents. we would all have to sacrifice our humanity to do so, and if you actually presented that as a compromise and proposal for people from other cultures to consider, those with any heart or soul would reject it outright. i do.

there is no soul here and the politics is corrupt beyond belief. if you don't know this, you should make it your life's mission for the next five years to learn why. it would take at least that long if it was your passion, and much longer if you were just curious about the country you live in and how it got to be so f-ed up.

p

Keeping it real

Peter,

You think I'm "culturally insensitive?"

I wonder if my Lebanese father thinks I'm culturally insensitive?

I wonder if the people I do business with who are from places all over the globe think I'm culturally insensitive?

I wonder if my childhood friends who are all Latino and African American think I'm culturally insensitive?

I wonder if the cabdrivers who come from all over the world who I have worked with and helped and become friends with over the past several years think I'm culturally insensitive?

I wonder if the people I hung out with in Lebanon last week think I'm culturally insensitive? Or how about the people in France the week before?

I wonder if I could have survived in an industry as diverse as the taxi business this long if I were culturally insensitive?

I wonder if I could have survived my MBA program at the University of Illinois that prided itself on being culturally diverse. If I recall, more than half of our program consisted of students from overseas, which was a big selling point for me.

I supposed that I must not have picked up any culture when I lived in Greece for two years.

I was at Ghana fest earlier today where I was honored as a VIP with a seat on the stage. I wonder if they think I'm culturally insensitive?

I wonder if my Korean roommate in college who did his very best to try to teach me how to play golf (it never took) thinks I'm culturally insensitive?

Peter, you wrote, "try, if you will, to point out where steve's discourse was 'littered with insults"?"

Peter, if you really don't know, it's because you're being culturally insensitive, or could it be something else? Maybe you should take a couple of classes or go live somewhere else for a few years.

George

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

george,

try, if you will, to point out where steve's discourse was 'littered with insults"? you--who dont even know when you insult people because you have no cultural sensitivity, should not even TRY to dialogue with people of different cultures.
oh they'll give you lip service because they think you know how things work here, and maybe you do, but that doesn't mean we all have to sell our principles to get along with the corrupt devils who run this system.

p

Re: Keeping it real

Alright George, keep up the good work.

Enger correct/George has hard wood. UTCC Voice excellent publication.

Glad to hear that you're a man of the world George. Now try to soften up some of that hard wood between your ears. You then might be able to understand what these guys are trying to tell you.

Peter, you are correct about George. He does have a fit when someone doesn't run the ideas by him first before taking action. This was something that was pointed out previously here. Good to see that you came to the same conclusion.

I am also going to use this medium to applaud your organizations work. The Voice is an excellent publication loaded with good information. George started this way as well. Slowly he went more and more into advertising and less into the real news. Sometimes I feel his position wavers with the wind. In just a few issues The Voice has become known as the true information source for us. Good work and please keep it up.

George speaking without knowing.

George, Peter has lived most of his life outside of Chicago, Il. He was raised in Korea. He has roughly five years in as a taxi driver here.

Is talking/ printing about what you really do not know one of your strong points? If two years and a few weeks on foreign soil qualify you, then Peter's many years make him 10 times more knowledgeable than yourself. This is your math George, not mine.

Go ahead and continue to ignore the many drivers that are currently taking action. Who needs someone that just shouts ME ME ME! The great thing about the UTCC is that I hear the word we.

How have you helped many cab drivers? I am interested in this. Please tell me.

Just a few Mr. Natnan attacked -- IN COURT

City of Chicago "Surcharge" ordinance:

Wolfgang Weiss, et al v. City of Chicago - 08 CH 15273

Thomas Gniadek

Stanley Shen v. Thomas Gniadek - 08 L 006768

Workman's Compensation claims for injured drivers, like Mr. Shen.

Anyone knows why Mr. Shen has not yet received any benefits since he was injured and attacked on Feb. 24?

Replying to:

Don,

You wrote, "No good purpose is served by attacking others. I won't do that."

You don't attack others? Don, I don't think you could get even Yi Tang to buy this one.

You wrote, "Instead of seeing George slamming guys like Steve Kim..."

When did I "slam" Steve Kim? I responded to his criticisms. Am I not allowed to do that? Although his criticisms were littered with insults (isn't that a violation of the principles of the UTCC?) I did not respond in kind.

George

Re: Just a few Mr. Natnan attacked -- IN COURT

Stanley Shen has not yet been compensated in part because the insurance company that covers Rex Cab Company d/b/a King Drive Cab Association has not yet paid benefits. Sooner or later, the Illinois Workers Compensation Commission will force this payment with interest and penalties.

The Attorney General's office served papers upon me today to fill out for Stanley so as to be able to make a recovery under the Crime Victims Compensation Act through the State of Illinois Court of Claims. I will be filling out those papers for him this weekend without any fee. Upon completion of the papers, I will submit that claim for review and eventual victory. It may take several months before we do win, and then it may take months for the State to pay the award after that.

I just won a case for four crime victims from a crash in Rock Island. One of the victims was murdered by a drunk driver. Two were maimed. A fourth young man was also hurt. The Court of Claims awarded a total of $70,000 to pay doctor and hospital bills along with funeral costs for the 21 year old who was murdered by the drunk. But we are waiting for the Governor to do whatever he has to do to fund the state budget so that money can be paid.

There is no fee for that victory. Eventually, the case against the tavern that got the drunk pickled will be tried, and I'll win a fee from that, maybe.

The point is that Stanley Shen will eventually recover just like other cabdrivers can recover when hurt.

Your slams were the product of complete want of understanding of the Korean Weltenschauung

George, the mind set of men from the Republic of Korea is just not the same as yours and mine. I was reared in America, Chicago educated. I've lived my entire adult life here. My mind set is like yours - tough. It's easy for me to tolerate your disrespect. But a guy from a culture like Korea is likely to be offended to the core of his soul by your remarks. It's no surprise that Steve Kim took umbrage at what he saw as an attack.

Read Peter Enger's well aimed thoughts. I didn't have to grow up in Korea to understand them. There were plenty of troope from the ROK who stood at my side when I was on the other side of the planet. We were quite careful how we conducted ourselves around them. Those guys had M-16's, and if you ticked them off, they would use them. We called it "fragging".

Donald Nathan

to clarify to both of you

george and donald

the insults i mentioned were not made on this forum, but in an hour and a half meeting we (steve and i) had with george back in feb or march where we were trying to be inclusive and respectful of gl's position in the cab industry, and all we got were insults in return. i truly don't believe george even knew or understood how disrespectful and insulting he was being, because as i said, he had no clue. he behaved like most americans do, petulant, arrogant and ignorant of basic human behavior most peoples in the world know enough by instinct and experience with other cultures and worldviews to exhibit.

despite georges complaints about 'not being invited to cabdriver meetings' we had to listen to from a grown man, and despite our concerns about disruptive behavior and conflicts of interest he brings with him when he includes himself as a citizen in the nation of chicago drivers, we DID ask him if he wanted to be invited to our formative meetings--FOUR TIMES--and he declined.

so he's got no ground to stand on, in this regard.

as it stands now, we have monthly general meetings open to all drivers, and others interested in our movement, and many various avenues for drivers to get involved in our activities and our organization. we also have internal democratic decision making processes.

any other questions, please read our newsletter, or give us a call.

p

Peter Enger's Comments Are Understood - Criticism Well Delivered, Deserved and Accepted

You might notice I come to general membership meetings of the UTCC and generally hold my peace. I try to listen as much as I can in the hope that I can come to understand issues of import to cabdrivers of today.

It is regrettable that I never see George Lutfallah show up. It's hard for George and the Dispatcher to get a perspective of what's going on in the industry beyond what his advertisers tell him without keeping a finger on the pulse of it.

I do see Foulks' henchmen appear at UTCC general membership meetings, and that's a good sign. Of course, hearsay reports to Foulks aren't reliable enough to receive as evidence, but they're better than the nothing in reports that Lutfallah gets from nobody at all.

Set in that background, George's comments about Steve Kim's views were taken by me to have been inappropriate/insensitive. I hate to imagine what came down back in February/March that wasn't in print.

All I can say is that 41 years ago, a soldier from the ROK with an M-16 in his hand sure as you know what wouldn't take any you know what like that on a battlefield even if he was on the same side of the line. He'd blow your MF head off without a twitch.

Re: to clarify to both of you

I believe you're right on here Peter enger.

Exposing now?

Believe or not, George knows when and how to expose the "truth" without any help.

Peter's memory loss

Peter Enger wrote, "the insults i mentioned were not made on this forum, but in an hour and a half meeting we (steve and i) had with george back in feb or march where we were trying to be inclusive and respectful of gl's position in the cab industry, and all we got were insults in return."

Pete, you left out a few details. Maybe you forgot but I'll be happy to refresh your memory.

The meeting was on Tuesday, February 26. Why did this meeting happen in the first place? There’s a very good reason that Peter failed to mention this.

About a week before some cabdrivers from other groups contacted me and asked me to host a "unity meeting" in which all the groups would hopefully come together to present a united front to the city.

The meeting was scheduled for Wednesday, February 27. I sent an email out to the players who came to mind. The email said that any Chicago cabdriver was welcome. Peter was included in that email.

Shortly thereafter, I got a call from Peter Enger. He wanted to have a meeting with me. I told him that we could just talk on Wednesday at the meeting. Peter insisted on meeting before that meeting. I was very busy but Peter said it was really important that we meet before the unity meeting and that we keep it strictly confidential. He didn't want anyone knowing that we were going to meet. He didn't want anyone knowing what the nature of the meeting was, which he wouldn't even tell me until we met anyway.

I reluctantly agreed to meet with Peter and Steve the day before the unity meeting so we met on Tuesday, February 26. They came to my office. So what was the meeting about?

Well Peter and Steve wanted me to join the UTCC. They tried to stroke me by telling me how important I was to the cabdriver community. They also told me that by having a unity meeting, it was stepping on what they were working on.

Funny thing was that they had already had a few meetings and I hadn’t been invited to any of them. So why now? Why was it so important that they meet with me before the unity meeting with all the other groups? Well they wanted me to abandon the others and go with them. I was disgusted.

I questioned them on their dependence on the AFSC. They tried to tell me that they were calling the shots. But when I questioned further, they admitted that Prateek Sampat of the AFSC was the one who had actually called their meetings and that they'd had about five meetings already. Prateek had decided who came to their meetings.

They only contacted me and invited me to join them to sabotage the other groups that wanted unity.

I will never sell out independent cabdrivers wanting to organize.

So what were the insults? I guess it must have been that I told them they were puppets of the AFSC. I guess the truth can come across as insulting. I also assured them that I would never abandon other independent cabdriver groups. I threw them both out of my office.

The next day various independent groups showed up at my office and had a productive meeting discussing important issues. Of course the UTCC didn’t show.

George

p.s., Peter, thanks for breaking confidentiality that you had insisted on in the first place. I have been dying to get that off my chest for a long time.

Is that all we you've got to say since July 2007?

"I'll believe it when I see it," said George Lutfallah, a former cab driver, who publishes the Chicago Dispatcher, a monthly publication. "You don't get a lot of unity in the industry."

Chicago Tribune
(Chicago, Illinois)
July 20, 2007

Pinched taxi drivers hope to fare better by organizing

Cabdrivers being squeezed

By Stephen Franklin | Tribune staff reporter
11:14 AM CDT, July 20, 2007

His fares for the last two days were dismal and now halfway through the day, Khalid al Hag had only $20 in his pocket.

At this rate, he figured he would have to dip into savings to make his $520 weekly payment to the cab company for use of the car.

"I'm going to have to work at least 12 or 14 hours today and still I won't get by," he said, gulping down a meal so he could get back into his cab, which lately he has been driving seven days a week.

Other cabbies -- independents who have to pay out of their pockets for gasoline and other expenses and benefits -- flitted through the restaurant with the same laments. At $3.46 for a gallon of regular gas, high fuel prices are swallowing their thin profit margins.

"When gas prices hit the highs, some drivers have to give up the work unless they work really long hours," said Prateek Sampat, who is waging a fledgling drive to organize Chicago cabbies. "They are spending $45 to $50 a day when they used to spend
30 bucks, and the margin of income is so tiny for the drivers even a few dollars brings down their income."

The drivers' distress is why Sampat thinks an effort to organize many of Chicago's nearly 11,000 cab drivers, including 2,500 who own their own cabs, will succeed. Similar efforts are ongoing across the country.

The organizing efforts are more of a cry for rights and recognition waged largely on behalf of thousands of immigrants who have quietly slipped behind the steering wheels of most the nation's cabs.

Why are cabbies the focus of organizing efforts? Taxis are today's Ellis Island for many immigrants, statistics show. And cab driver is the first line of work in the U.S. for many without good language skills and without credentials to land easier, safer and better-paying jobs.

"We recognized the problems facing the drivers and we felt that we needed to help them raise their voices," explained Sampat, who heads the taxi worker organizing project sponsored by the American Friends Service Committee, a Quaker organization, and the Council of Islamic Organizations of Greater Chicago.

What brought the Quaker and Islamic groups together in Chicago was a desire to help immigrants, who have suffered in silence, said Michael McConnell, a Chicago-based official for the American Friends Service Committee.

"We recognized the problems facing the drivers, and we felt that we needed to help them raise their voices," he added. The Islamic group had begun working with the drivers over a year ago, and then the Quakers joined forces with them, he explained.

Their first pitch on the drivers' behalf was at a City Council hearing last month where they asked for a gas surcharge and fare increase. The last fare hike in Chicago was in 2005. Soon after that, Chicago ranked 18th out of 23 cities in the U.S. for the price of an average cab ride, according to an industry study that city officials said still is relevant.

The organizers presented figures compiled from a handful of drivers, showing that the drivers were spending an average $44 a day on gas last month and were earning $6 an hour when all of their expenses were deducted.

But Ald. Thomas Allen (38th), chairman of the Committee on Transportation and Public Way, said he doesn't sense any support within the City Council or from city officials for a surcharge. "Gas prices have kind of settled," he added.

That hasn't been the sentiment elsewhere, however.

This year gas surcharges have been tacked on to cab prices in Seattle; Pittsburgh; Fairfield County, Va.; and Las Vegas, according to news accounts and the Taxicab, Limousine and Paratransit Association, an industry organization.

Washington, D.C., and suburban Montgomery County, Md., also rolled gas surcharges into fare increases this year, and a surcharge is under consideration in Boston, said Hal Morgan, an official with the taxi industry group.

Sampat also turned over copies of a several cab leases to the city's Department of Consumers Services, showing what the group described as overbilling and unexplained charges by cab
companies. Bill McCaffrey, a spokesman for the department, said one lease appeared to have "infractions" and the others were still being reviewed.

The organizing drive's ultimate goal is to bring Chicago, with the nation's second-largest taxi cab industry, in line with New York and San Francisco, where taxi drivers have set up their own groups. And, the taxi driver groups add, scored some minor
victories.

"It is a workforce that is highly organizable because the conditions are so horrendous," Bhairava Desai, an organizer and executive director of the New York Taxi Workers Alliance.

Her group, which is 9 years old, has about 8,000 members, of whom about 2,000 pay minimal dues, out of a total of more than 30,000 New York City cabbies.

Still, organizing taxi drivers is not easy.

"I'll believe it when I see it," said George Lutfallah, a former cab driver, who publishes the Chicago Dispatcher, a monthly publication. "You don't get a lot of unity in the industry."

Then there's the problem, say drivers in Chicago and elsewhere, of getting cabbies of diverse backgrounds to work together. "There are some groups we can't reach, like the Russians and the Brazilians," said George Williams, a German immigrant and driver who has been organizing fellow drivers in San Francisco
for the last few years.

And then there's the fact that many drivers find it hard to commit to a job they hate. While drivers say turnover is high and growing higher, city officials say there are no figures.

"Every day when I go home, I ask myself the same question, 'When am I going to stop being a cab driver?' And every day I say I'm going find something better, but I can't," grumbled Omar Shire, 29, a Somali refugee, who has been driving for the last three years in Chicago.

It was about 7 p.m and he was just over halfway through his workday. He had said his evening prayers, then eaten dinner at Banadir II, a Near North Side restaurant catering to Somali and other Eastern African drivers.

"I work 14 hours a day, seven days a week. That's all I do," he said, his voice rising in anger, his eyes wide. The city does not limit how many hours cabbies can drive.

Other drivers grumbled about hours spent in broiling hot cabs because they do not want to spend precious gas on air conditioning and of not daring to challenge cab companies' fees for fear that they would be turned away.

They talked about having to keep money coming in, no matter how little it is. For Khalid al Hag, 37, who had been an elementary school teacher in eastern Sudan, that means coming up with money for people in his native land.

Besides sending money to relatives, al Hag, a driver for the last 10 years, often provides for others in need in his Sudanese village. But he is sending them far less lately, if anything at all. That is why, he said, he must work harder.

Until recently Sohail Ghaziana had thrown himself into helping the taxi-organizing effort. He hoped if the drivers gain a collective voice, they would be able to improve their lot and his, too. Lately, he was paying $55 to fill his cab's tank instead of
$30, and he was taking home $400 a week, working 12 or more hours a day, six days a week.

It troubled him to find himself scraping by so miserably after 24 years of driving and to see others sinking along with him.

He finally quit and took a job with a limousine company. He expects to earn the same money "but with less hassles."

"The drivers," he said, "they just don't care. They are not thinking about their future because they don't want to stay in this business. But you don't know how fast the time goes."

Still George Lutfallah do not understand what he did wrong for cab driver movement

George Lutfallah,

You have to understand that I did not make any of confidentiality with you. This is very cleare between you and me. Right?

O.K Now get to the point.

1. First of all, you have a big big and total responsibility why I had to resigned AUPD's position and as a result of your behavior, you should know why All of activity has been stooped after I and Peter resigned in AUPD. Even if you explain me why you did a wrong behavior at middle of December of last year, but you completely broke the leadership to the person who supported by cab driver. When you did it, you never concerned the situation what AUPD have a meeting which is so much important at that day, you never concerned what your behavior would make a bad effect to AUPD, you never concerned other person like me ( you already know the meeting at that night, cause I heard all of telephone conversation between you and other person), and also you don't care of how the kids in the room has been supprised.
Anyway, with that your behavior, I have to think about whole future of AUPD after hurting of leadership in front of my eyes. That is first thing of how you broke the cab driver's movement in my view.

2. At last year just before you made a bad behavior to AUPD meeting, you send e-mail to me as Carbon of copy, which was rejected the meeting with Taxi drivers as the reason of non productive result. After you made big argument with the other cab drivers. That time I did not involved the meeting because AUPD's work itself has been burden to me. But I understand what was going on. You already rejected any of invitation for the meeting with the reason of just non-productive. At that time, I had a question how do you know that meeting was not a productive, and why George do not want make a meeting as productive after you involved with positive mind?

3. After you did a bad behavior, I have been doing the work more seriously to involve the taxi driver's movement. That's why I had resigned of AUPD. And then AFSC contact to I and Peter for the meeting ,which has been discussing between AFSC and AUPD before, to have an integrated for all of other activist who has been working with positive attitude in the Taxi industry.
It was called by AFSC for the first meeting,but that meeting have to have a successful result. With this condition, you are not invited by AFSC. ( I told you that you have to take a responsibilty which has been caused by your behavior)So your complaint for not inviting for UTCC first meeting was not acceptable. And other reason, you are not fitted the condition because you are the profit business from taxi industry and it will make a serious problem in the future whatever the uniting body is union or non- profit organization by law.

4. By the way, Peter want to have a meeting with you one day before you have a meeting with other group in Feb. of this year. (You also send the e-mail to me for that meeting with other group)But I do not see any of reason to meet with other group( actually, it was not a group)which was hosted by you. However, Peter want to go with me because anyhow he recommend to have a good relationship with you. With that reason, I decide to meet you in order to confirm what is your position, and I feel we have to have a general meeting with good maner. ( I do not know Peter and you agreed this meeting as confidentiality, but I don't. And also why this meeting should have a confidentiality? That's so wierd.)

Anyhow, George.. You have to know one thing. That day is so cold. And I feel so much sick of my heart with painful, and it was already too tired my body condition. But only the reason I have to go the meeting becasue I still rely on basic human attitude and talk the subject of what we, all cab driver, have to do and what we support each other.

However, our meeting(You , me, Peter) was totally failed. I got only insulting person by your mouth during the almost two hour, never chance to talk any of positive things. Finally, you insulted me such as 'you are running after Prateek' 6 times. Without insulting people, what did you talk to me and Peter?

Now I would like to ask you one thing. When you made a bad behavior at last year, and when you had a crisis to be arrested by Police, who help you? At that time, did I insult you or blame you? I just help you because you are a young person and I knew you already in the taxi industry even if we do not have a good personal relationship yet.

How can you turn me back with insult from my warm attitude in your office? Do I the person who does not have a belief and philosophy? Therefore do you think I running after other person without any my soul?
So you are the person only have a soul, and other person who working with afsc doesn't have?

In your brain system, that was not a insult. But I never get this kinds of insult in my life before you did, never.

Now I do not care what you said for me to any other person such as puppet of afsc. But you have to know that you already loose any of rights to criticise me who help you when you have a personal problem. And you broke to me minimum human attitude who have to have as a man-kind.

In your cultural insenstivity, your word is not a insult. But to me, that was a heavy tons of insulting because you insulting me as I have no soul.

Steve Kim.

P.S: I would like to inform you who may read this message. Still I am your friend as I told you before. All of my decison for AUPD is not a personal.

Would like to have info about the arrest of George Lutfallah last year.

"Now I would like to ask you one thing. When you made a bad behavior at last year, and when you had a crisis to be arrested by Police, who help you? At that time, did I insult you or blame you? I just help you because you are a young person and I knew you already in the taxi industry even if we do not have a good personal relationship yet."- Steve Kim.

I for one would like to know more about this arrest. It would seem that George Lutfallah has a record of bad behavior. Is this a bad man hiding behind a smiley face mask?

To Mr. Henri Forot

Please understand I do not want to tell every details because that story has related to other person and it is very delicated situation of personal and I do not want to hurt other person from exposing of details with realted by George's bad action.

Actually, I do not want to exposing George's action all of that. But he keep to try to attack the activist with his verval to other persons, I felt his behavior has wrong which should not cross the line. That's why I decide to expose who is George.

In his recent dispatcher, he and Jonathan did wrong approch for the UTCC action. I can prove what is keep doing a wrong. But that's not a big thing and I frankly have no time to make a arugue with each of his wrong sentence, report, new and attitude of new edit. However, if you understand more about George, you can read what is it easely.

Steve Kim

Read my posting below

YOU ALL SHOULD READ MY POSTING IN THE THREAD BELOW CONCERNING THE ROBBER.

Re: Peter's memory loss + George's making stuff up

just to set the record straight: i have reviewed my notes from that week. it's good to have notes.

1. there was no agreement of confidentiality asked or given

2. we did not 'want... [George] to join the UTCC". the UTCC at that time did not have any formal structure or conditions for 'joining'. the kind of organizing that GL was talking about doing (unity meetings--meetings with other 'groups' of drivers) were what we were already doing at the time. any driver who had expressed an interest in organizing activity could have been invited to attend our meetings. the AUPD with Melissa Callahan had been going thru the same process just before steve and i resigned. george didn't have a problem with our meetings then, or his exclusion.

3. the reason for the meeting i wanted to call with george was not to 'stroke [him] by telling [him] how important [he] was to the cabdriver community'. it was simply out of respect for his position in that community, just like i said. in my history with george, i had heard him say all the right things about what he wants for the drivers--an organization that can fight for our rights, etc etc. and here i was, and we are, building EXACTLY the kind of org. that everyone says we want and need, and george now immediately has a problem with it.

4. we never said that prateek sampat called our meetings or decided who came. ever since the first meeting, we drivers have been calling all the shots. the process steve and i initiated (meetings every 2 weeks, attendance by invitation by one of us drivers after some kind of intake interview) was exactly the same process we had been carrying out in AUPD for 4 months previous. george didn't have a problem with it then. i have an idea why--because he had been getting reports on our activities, and felt he had some control over one of our members. and now that he didn't have that control and is not getting reports, he has a conniption fit.

5. as far as we are concerned, the person who has done more to sabotage unity than anyone else is george lutfallah. we have a very open, semi-formal process for joining in cabdriver organizing activities. any one who wants to really unite has merely to call us, read the UTCC Voice, or attend our monthly general meeting to find out how.

6. we have heard mention of many references to other cabdriver 'groups' lately. we are not sure what this term is in reference to. we do know of the ghanaian driver org. but no others who constitute any more than (possibly) 4 or 5 drivers. we officially welcome the formation of any and all kinds of cabdriver organizations (such as the newly formed CCDAC) which put into political motion the drivers who come together in their perceived common interests. as we said in our newsletter, the Voice, we look forward to working with any and all of them in the future to create a better life and working conditions for chicago cabdrivers. we will meet with any cabdriver groups that form and make an attempt to find common ground and unity around our issues, as befits a cabdriver organization formed around "community" and "council". (notice that 'community' hs the word 'unity' in it).

7. yes it is insulting for grown men to be called puppets. i've always considered myself pretty intelligent, with free will and my own agency. i also look upon my fellow drivers as having these character traits. there is such a fierce independence of will and genius among those in our cabdriver community here in chicago, and it is reflected in our steering committee of the UTCC. and in every cabdriver that we speak to in our organizing activities. this will and genius is reflected in the level of political discourse carried out in our meetings. no one could EVER assume that a committee of six or eight or twelve persons could be controlled by one person who wasnt even a driver, or had our experiences. the idea is ludicrous, and only a cretin could actually sincerely hold such an idea. we don't actually believe george is a cretin, nor do we believe he believes the things he says.

CABDRIVERS!--look for some other reason for georges positions and his activities. , you can figure it out yourselves, i dont' have to put ideas in your heads. you are all smart enough and informed enough about your own historical experiences to know what the term "material opportunism" means.

8. george did not "[throw us both]..out of [his] office]". we left after 2 hours of pointless arguments with a person who can't put 2 logical statements together to form a logical conclusion. we were the ones to leave in disgust, having wasted our time.

9. we call upon george to list the "various independent groups" he mentions, and to list the "important issues" they all discussed. this is the kind of thing you'd think would be important enough to report in the Dispatcher, don't you think? wouldn't YOU like to read an article about various independent groups of cabdrivers discussing important issues? i would!

10. i am tempted to challenge george lutfallah to a public debate about our respective political positions and vision for solving the problems of our workforce vis-a-vis the power structures here in chicago. it would be filmed and we could put it up on youtube for all the driver community to see, hear, and make up their own minds which vision they wish to support. how 'bout it, george? are you man enough to put your ideas before your imagined public? if not, please stop behaving as if you have all the answers for our beleaguered driver community, its just that you won't tell us what they are until it's some kind of done deal that you can impose on us. we won't take kindly to that, believe me.

peter ali enger

Re: to clarify to both of you

Peter, Why don't you quit being so negetive towards George? He was not insulting or offensive and you know that. You and Donald seem to have a problem so why don't you and Donald seek some psychiatric help?, the both of you need it because you and Donald have nothing better to do. When you left Melissa's group to start your own, George complimented you for moving forward and gave you credit.

Why don't you and Donald look for something better to do? or why don't you go to a church and talk to a minister. Seeking help from a minister is free!

I'm not the kind of person who calls people names, but you're an idiot! Grow up you moron!

To Guess who.

Why you so much mean yourself without naming on your name in this forum? And with this attitutde, how can you criticise the person? Is that your personal behavior with related George L?
How so much difficult to find out the minimum human attitude with related George like you?

If you do not know what was happened by George, you should keep silence or come out with your own name which has been given by your father and mother? If your father is hornored man, you should also do like your father.

All of this section is so much important to expose who is George and what is a purpose for his all of activity. So you should know the truth first. Then you can blame other person.

George!
If you are the real man, you know who is the Guess who. If Guess who is a corward, you should help him who is because you are not a man to hide your name.

In your question, " Peter, why don't you quit being so negative towards George? He was not insulting or offensive and you know that" That's not true. Compeletely not true. You should know first that's not a true. With name of my father, with name of God, I will telling that you should know that's not a true.
Always George insult to all of the other person who are active in now.

I really sick and tired George's behavior and his speak to other person. And From now on, I will defend all of activist of taxi industry who sincerely volounteer work from the George's bad action.

Do you really think George gave Peter credit? For what? When you read the Dispatcher, don't you think why he did such like that? That is your problem which not open your eyes and not a using of your brain.

If you are Mike Foulks, you don't need to take all of my blame what I talk to you(Guess who) in this message. Because you do not know all of truth, you do not have a brain to understand what I talk to you. So I will pardon you because you don't know anything about what you did whether it is right thing or not. No knowledge is not a Guilty in the law. That's why I will always pardon you.

However, George is not like you. He knew it what is right, he knew what is doing, he knew how to hide the truth, he knew how to make a lie, he knew how to twist the fact thru Dispatcher, and he want to control the person as he want to do. That's why now I am big argue with him. I always welcome if George want to talk with me in the open place with all of taxi driver. And I can show you who is George.

If you want to argue with me, come out with your name, you corward.

Steve Kim

Re: To Guess who.

To: Steve Kim. This Guess Who person says he also was at the meeting between you, George, and Peter.

Follow up. Guess who at meeting with Peter and George.

Guess who?
Date Posted: Jul 27, 08 - 4:42 PM
Message: Okay, I see what you mean. George Lutfullah is just an owner of a newspaper. Several months ago when George Lutfullah had a meeting in his Belmont Avenue office, he did invite Peter to his meeting, I was there too. George at his meeting said that he was in favor of cabdrivers organizing in small groups, and says that small groups should be working together.

If you and Peter don't agree with something George says and does, than you should go to his office and let him know how you feel. We are all grown men and we should try working together and be diplomatic.

As far as George's paper is concern, he's not

Re: Follow up. Guess who at meeting with Peter and George.

Thank you for understanding. George has a right to his opinions as well as everybody else does, and nobodies perfect.

Re: Re: To Guess who. to Peter and Steve.

I wasn't at the meeting, I heard about it. GUESS WHO? is my real name.

I do read the Chicago Dispatcher, and

I found nothing from George insulting anyone.

If you want insults, okay, I'll give you some. Peter dresses like a 1960's hippie, protesting war, but he's looking for war himself. Instead of Peter looking back in the 1960's era, he should look forward and dress civilized.

Now go jump in the lake, both of you.

MF/NR at meeting. George attacking someone that came to his own aid previously.

http://pub6.bravenet.com/forum/499115540/fetch/975915/

This guy was at the meeting. The above link is his actual posting. I will ask Peter Enger the identity of the participants of this meeting. To my knowledge Steve Kim and Peter haven't spent time behind bars. Can George and Mike say the same thing? It seems that George has a recent arrest. Mike's felony conviction has already been discussed here.

When George was having what sounds like mental problems and was arrested, Steve kim helped him out. When Steve Kim was discussing issues with George, George attacked the guy that had helped him out in a time of need. Yes the same guy, Steve kim.

Here's the math: Steve helps George. In return George plasters Steve and rips him a new rear. What a great deal. George, with friends like you, who needs enemies.

Does this qualify me for banishment King?

Re: MF/NR at meeting. George attacking someone that came to his own aid previously.

Why don't all of you guys get together one day at George's office, and lay down your differences.

You're wasting your time writing on this site. This is George's site and he has it for a good purpose. This site is for drivers to share ideas, not critisize.

If you guys don't want to get together and face George like a man, than you're making George look good.

Re: Re: To Guess who.

I wasn't at this meeting. As a matter of fact, I'm not even a cabdriver. Only cabdrivers were only allowed at that meeting. I'm only a friend of someone who attended that meeting. So, Guess Who?

To Guess who again.

To Guess who.

Are your liar or insane? How you can say, I was there in the meeting and I was not there in the meeting, in this forum.

Don't make to twist the fact. You did not there.What your purpose to say you was there is? What your purpose to say you was not there is?

Whoever you are,I knew you are not a proper person to argue with us. I do not want blame anyone. If you do not know about what George did wrong about me,Peter and all of UTCC, you have to keep silence.

If not, I have to expose more details what George did wrong one by one to make you understanding. So If you really want to support to George, you should not involve or balme to Peter and me.

As you said, if you do not know what George did wrong in his news paper, also I can bring all of his content what was wrong. Do you really want to this? And I recommend you you should study again what jounalism should do first.

Steve Kim.

Re: To Guess who again.

Steve Kim,

You're a liar! Your mother dropped you on your head when you were born.

George was not offensive. You're just jealous because you can't be as smart as George. I had a wireless michrophone hooked up at George's office and heard everything George said at my house.

Why don't you lay down on the railroad tracks and stay there till a train runs over you.

Attn: Guess who again.

Message: If you want to make allegations about somebody, you'll post under your real name.

George Lutfallah

Replying to:

Steve Kim,

You're a liar! Your mother dropped you on your head when you were born.

George was not offensive. You're just jealous because you can't be as smart as George. I had a wireless michrophone hooked up at George's office and heard everything George said at my house.

Why don't you lay down on the railroad tracks and stay there till a train runs over you.

Re: Attn: Guess who again.

Its Ok for Mike to post like this. Remember he's George's home boy. We'll just leave orientation out for right now. We're just left to wonder.

Re: Re: Attn: Guess who again.

I was wondering about those two myself.