General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Thank You Donald Nathan for your advice/ I still wonder about Dispatcher agenda.

Mr. Nathan, You're mostly right on here. Whatever his meltdown was I am glad that Steve Kim was there to help him through it. I hope the penalty his conviction carried wasn't too severe.

It is also very big of you to ignore the spears George has chucked your way and come to his defense. I will concentrate on the issues and leave the personalities alone as per your advice.

The Dispatcher deserves to be judged by it's content, not George's personality. A recent issue featured 33 advertisers, one article, one reader letter and some other small tidbit. This issue was more of an advertisment sheet than anything else. When another member of the driver community took up this issue with The Dispatcher he was suspended from this very site.

In closing my real complaint here is that the publication is looking more like an advertising sheet than that an information source for us. Or in other words I question the newspapers real mission, loyalty, and direction. Am I the only one that has lost his trust in "The Dispatcher?"

The answer to your question is an emphatic NO, Mr. Hall

There are several reasons I choose not to advertise in the Chicago Dispatcher. Apart from the fact that I don't really care if another paying client ever walks through my door again, there's something slimy about lawyers advertising. It's a step removed from ambulance chasing. I've never done it, and I'm not sorry for having passed on the chance.

That said, I see George's paper as having a serious value for the taxi industry even if there is no journalistic content in it at all. Let the UTCC Voice say what really needs be said. The reportage is going to come from the pen of Peter Ali Enger. But the pulse of the industry also comes from the ads. There is a value to reading them. I look forward to seeing what's out there to keep sort of current.

Does this make me off? I hope not. Am I wrong to defend George Lutfallah and an ad rag? Not at all. It has a place and serves an important function. Just put it in perspective, sir.

Maybe George will even come to work with us for the betterment of the industry. He has the pen to wield serious support just as does Peter Enger.

Donald Nathan

Re: The answer to your question is an emphatic NO, Mr. Hall

I do agree that the UTCC Voice tells what needs to be said. Peter Enger and Co. are doing good work.

Just as Carriage Cab came into the market with great promise, so did The Dispatcher. It's just sad to see it become just an advertising sheet posing as a serious information source for us. When the publication became a weekly one, it's informative content seriously eroded. Sad.

Re: Re: Re: Attn: "Fatlu Hall"

If you want to make material allegations about somebody, you'll post under your real name.

This is our policy. For some reason you don't think you have to follow it.

George Lutfallah

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Four days have passed. Please get the facts George and repost my original correct posting you have removed. No one likes it when his hero has a bad side. Be a man and admit it. You tooted the horn of a guy you really didn't know as well as you thought.

Recent arrest? It would look better if you had an explanation. We're just stuck thinking the worst otherwise.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Attn: "Fatlu Hall"

Why standing in the way of the truth?

Get over your childish hero worship, even if it is only to avoid the obvious.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Attn: "Fatlu Hall"

George, Have you posted the rules for this forum? It would be helpful to/for all.

You were told where to verify my statements. The place is right above your office. I guess it was just easier to pull down the truth rather than to verify it was correct.

I'm going to take Donald Nathan's advice here and give you a break even though I know you're wrong. 100 percent wrong.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Attn: "Fatlu Hall"

What truth is being pulled down? What are the rules of operation here?