General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Reader Opinions

Mr. Lange, Are you the same guy that was excommunicated from his long time association over some kind of FCC rules violation? I think I know you then. You are a veteran driver and are qualified for sure.

Anyway, I did like your letter. Some of it was very good. You are spot on about the insurance business here in Chicago and also are more knowledgeable than most of us about the ground tax, etc. Did you know Ritchie Rich is planning on using the MPEA fund to pay for the olympic games?

A strike will make some noise in the media. Unfortunately alomst none of us can afford to miss even a weeks worth of work. Mortgage or rent, tuition, living expenses, medallion loan payments, etc. eat up all of our income. Perhaps parking/picketing for say an hour each rush hour would help us get noticed without going into default on our bills.

I also agree with you about the current surcharge. It's a bunch of C***. You should know The Dispatcher thinks its a great idea and that its a real big help. Ask the publisher if you're still allowed in the building.

Here's where you erred.
The Dispatcher isn't a drivers group and doesn't conduct drivers meetings. I think you have them confused with the UTCC and the UTCC Voice publication. UTCC Voice is an excellent news source for us. One other difference is that the Dispatcher does not go against the city. The UTCC is the drivers group that is currently representing us in our never ending quest to get fair just treatment from city hall.

In closing, I ask you to ask yourself a question: Could the Dispatchers goal be to make us think it's on our side while collecting huge advertising revenues with its weekly editions? Does The Dispatcher have licensing concerns that might influence the way it reports on "hot" issues concerning the city? Hidden agendas? Ask the questions, read the Voice, go to the next open UTCC meeting. I think you'll know the answers then.

Re: Re: Reader Opinions

Where and When does the UTCC meet?

UTCC meeting

I believe the next meeting for general members is August 23 at 2:00 P.M. at 637 S. Dearborn in the basement. All are welcome, even non-cabdrivers who are allies. You don't need to be a member to attend.