General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: setting the record straight: how george is making stuff up

From what I read it seems that peter tried to get together with george only after george invited peter to a meeting. Peter did not want to come because he thought that working with other taxi driver groups was a threat to what he was doing with the utcc. That part is not disputed by either of them.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

to guess who, and others:

did you read george and peter's posts? it seems to me he tried to get together with george, and was insulted and refused. why should he or the UTCC go begging to george or mike foulks? they never badmouth mike or george here or anywhere i know about. they have meetings open for these guys to come and join in unity if they can agree. if mike an d george don't want to come talk, why should UTCC go chasing after them? they are only 2 guys! UTCC acts like they want to organize all the other 9,998 drivers. and they go out and do the work. i like what they do. they are dedicated, steady, available for talking every day and i like they're principles they talk about: justice, dignity, human rights. we want to be treated like human beings. i don't see george or mike doing any organizing at all.

as far as george being a great guy, that is beside the point. no one is saying he smells, or cheats on his wife. but what is he doing in favor of organizing? the UTCC is doing so many things and he reports nothing--NOTHING, about it. does he think we drivers don't notice? he gives no credit to UTCC about thier activities in his paper. he doesn't report on their meetings, and he probably won't report on there organizing the strike or the voting. it is what people do that matters in political activities, not what they say, or promise, or tell you theyr'e working on something or studying it or looking into it . this is what the city does all the time, and we get nothing.

to terry j.

terry j,

i do dispute your allegations. we in the UTCC have never expressed that working with other taxi driver 'groups' was a threat to what we are doing. you show us another taxi driver 'group' and we will attempt to work with them.

also, i had been planning to meet with george before he called his meeting, to try to come to some agreements about our respective relationships with each other. as i identified elsewhere, we failed in this attempt.

Re: to terry j.

I don't understand. Why did you want to meet with George before the unity meeting? Why not just go to the unity meeting?

Re: Peter Enger

Peter, quit making up alibis. George is not in anyway a threat to the UTCC. That is your crazy idea. Maybe you are afraid to meet with George because you know you stink! Go home and take a shower if you can afford a bar of soap. You smell pathetic. I don't know how you keep passengers in your cab. Dress more civilized instead of dressing like a 1960's hippie. You should know that the yuppies are taking over, so there's no room for dirty hippies like you.

Re: Re: Peter Enger

"Guess who?", and I hesitate to guess,

I don't have any problem with anyone challenging anyone's relevant statements or conduct here.

I would prefer that these types of comments cease as they aren't that relevant to the discussion.

Having said that, I will support the idea that Mr. Enger could dress in a different fashion and become more acceptable to many or more successful as an organizer or otherwise.

However, I don't think you are sincere, "Guess who?", nor do I believe that Mr. Enger would respond to "advice" presented this way.

I would respect Mr. Enger if he continues to dress as he pleases, but perhaps not as much as I could.

Maybe he needs a intervention-style "makeover"!

Seriously, I would prefer that he ignore this and instead respond to the questions about why he met privately with Mr. Lutfallah before the "unity meeting".

For the record, I have never noticed any objectionable odor from Mr. Enger.

I don't think that etiquette permits much public discussion of this particular "issue", anyhow.

Let's try to stick to what's really important and avoid the insults, can we?

-Mike Foulks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Peter, quit making up alibis. George is not in anyway a threat to the UTCC. That is your crazy idea. Maybe you are afraid to meet with George because you know you stink! Go home and take a shower if you can afford a bar of soap. You smell pathetic. I don't know how you keep passengers in your cab. Dress more civilized instead of dressing like a 1960's hippie. You should know that the yuppies are taking over, so there's no room for dirty hippies like you.

Re: Re: Re: Peter Enger and what Mike Foulks looks like.

Hey Mike Foulks,
I hate to tell you about your appearence. All you need is a set of bongo drums and you would look like a real beatnik! Do you dig DADDY-O?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Peter Enger and what Mike Foulks looks like.

You have Mike right too. Can you come up with a good one for Peter?