General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mr. Nathan, start answering questions and discussing the issues.

Mr. Nathan,

Here is a new thread for you to answer questions and discuss the issues.

Question #1: Are you a member of the CPTDA (Chicago Professional Taxi Drivers' Association)?

Question #2: How is the City breaking the law and what can you do about it as a lawyer?

Please answer these in different threads as I'm sure there will be follow-up questions.

-Mike Foulks

Re: Mr. Nathan, start answering questions and discussing the issues.

Question #1: Are you a member of the CPTDA (Chicago Professional Taxi Drivers' Association)?

IS THERE ANYTHING "WRONG" FOR MR.NATHAN TO BE A MEMBER OF THE CPTDA?

Question #2: How is the City breaking the law and what can you do about it as a lawyer?

HAVE YOU FOLLOWED UP THE CASE OF WEISS, ET AL V. CITY OF CHICAGO?

Please answer these in different threads as I'm sure there will be follow-up questions.

WHERE IS THE CCO ELECTION RESULT?

-Mike Foulks

TRY TO USE YOUR REAL NAME: M.D. FOULKS

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Mr. Nathan,

-Mike Foulks

Re: Re: Mr. Nathan, start answering questions and discussing the issues.

"Clueless", or should I say, Yi Tang,

I would like Mr. Nathan to answer these questions.

If you want to discuss the CCO election results again, please start a new post.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mr. Nathan,

-Mike Foulks

Did he owe you anything?

Should you mind your own "wrongful" convictions first, or your next CC0's election?

Has your mother still talked to you?

Replying to:

"Clueless", or should I say, Yi Tang,

I would like Mr. Nathan to answer these questions.

If you want to discuss the CCO election results again, please start a new post.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mr. Nathan,

-Mike Foulks

Re: Did he owe you anything?

The real question here is if a convicted felon can be trusted to gather the election results? To make sure there isn't any wrong doing, MDF should use an accounting firm to conduct the election. The city used one for the medallion lottery years back. How many ballots would have been cast in the CCO election if there was a requirement to attend at least two meetings?

What has the CCO done as a group? No I'm not talking about MD's two man march. I repeat the question, what has the CCO done as a group?

"Big Fat Mouth" is Pankaj Kapoor, (or aren't you, Mr. Kapoor?)

Pankaj Kapoor,

Why are you hiding behind the name "Big Fat Mouth"?

Who do you think won the CCO election? You could have come and watched the ballots being counted. Why didn't you?

The ballots of CCO elections are openly-made. You don't have to "trust me" or anyone else to "gather the election results". They are a matter of record.

Who are you to tell the legitimately-elected President of the CCO what to do? Who voted for you?

Who are you to suggest that Chicago cabdrivers be forced to attend two meetings before they can be allowed to vote for those who ask to represent them?

YOU ASK TWICE: "WHAT HAS THE CCO DONE AS A GROUP?"

For one, they elected me twice as President and several others as Representatives.

Also, there was no "two-man march".

I don't think you would be a good person to count ballots. You can't even count people in a march correctly.

I also don't think you would be a good person to count Chicago cabdrivers' money. Not correctly, anyhow.

Didn't you try to become the Secretary of the CCO?

Weren't you disappointed when I explained that the CCO has no Treasurer or Treasury?

What are you planning to do for your fellow Chicago cabdrivers and what do you expect of them, Mr. Kapoor?

Could you explain the "one-year plan" that you mentioned to me while you and Steve Kim were at Midway airport a few weeks ago?

Are you intending to collect money from Chicago cabdrivers, Mr. Kapoor?

What is that money going to be used for? Who is going to decide what to spend it on?

How much do you imagine Chicago cabdrivers are going to give you?

Are you going to collect it for the UTCC or the CPTDA? It seems like you are an official in both "organizations".

Is either group led by someone who was openly-elected by Chicago cabdrivers?

Was an "accounting firm" hired to make sure that Fayez Khozinder was in fact the oldest member of the UTCC?

Isn't that how he became the "Chairperson of the UTCC"? Because he was the oldest? Who decided that?

Tell us, Mr. Kapoor, about these things and more.

You don't have to hide behind your fake name, "Big Fat Mouth"...

...or do you?

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

The real question here is if a convicted felon can be trusted to gather the election results? To make sure there isn't any wrong doing, MDF should use an accounting firm to conduct the election. The city used one for the medallion lottery years back. How many ballots would have been cast in the CCO election if there was a requirement to attend at least two meetings?

What has the CCO done as a group? No I'm not talking about MD's two man march. I repeat the question, what has the CCO done as a group?

Issues should be reached

Your questions are framed in ways that do not deserve answers the way you want them necessarily. They are just too open-ended. Give them some definition.

Whatever do you mean by "breaking the law"? Obviously, there are civil remedies for law breaking. There are criminal remedies for law breaking. Define what YOU mean by "breaking the law" so I can try to answer your question.

As for your other question, what bearing would an answer have on anything? To what does it pertain? How would it matter what answer I were to give?

I think these might be questions to discuss at a "Unity Meeting" rather than on this "Forum".

Donald Nathan

Mr. Nathan, why can't you answer these two simple questions?

Mr. Nathan,

Why can't you answer these two simple questions?

I asked you:

Mr. Nathan, "define" these "open-ended" questions any way you like, but ANSWER THEM.

We don't need a lawyer like you to explain to us that there's a difference between civil and criminal law.

Why are you so reluctant to go "on record" on this discussion forum, Mr. Nathan?

Question #3: What are the "issues" facing current Chicago cabdrivers today and what can you do help us, Mr. Nathan?

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Your questions are framed in ways that do not deserve answers the way you want them necessarily. They are just too open-ended. Give them some definition.

Whatever do you mean by "breaking the law"? Obviously, there are civil remedies for law breaking. There are criminal remedies for law breaking. Define what YOU mean by "breaking the law" so I can try to answer your question.

As for your other question, what bearing would an answer have on anything? To what does it pertain? How would it matter what answer I were to give?

I think these might be questions to discuss at a "Unity Meeting" rather than on this "Forum".

Donald Nathan

Re: Mr. Nathan, why can't you answer these two simple questions?

deserve each other. they don't have half a brain between them.

You had a chance and you blew it. WHY?

Why did you blow off the chance to make your opinions heard today, Foulks? You were certainly invited to come to the "Unity Forum" and would have been welcomed. Your buddy Greg McGee was there, expressed his opinions and was well received on the whole. You would have been too. They gave me a chance to pop off. I think it was a productive meeting overall.

When you boycott these meetings, you undermine the efforts of the taxi industry in Chicago and undercut organizing efforts in general.

For the same reason, I think it a pity that George Lutfallah failed to show up. No one from the Dispatcher was present - a pity. George's attorney friend would certainly have been a welcome resource person, and it would have been an appropriate place and time to meet him.

Too bad.

Maybe next time you'll think better of it and you'll come to one of these meetings when invited. They really are worth the while.

Donald Nathan

A Journey of Hope

"To see this kind of support, it means the world to us," said Kim Reyka, Chris' widow.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/columnists/sfl-flbmayocol0810sbaug10,0,507338.column

Michael mayo: After ugly week, Reyka march brings hope

Michael Mayo | News Columnist
August 10, 2008

It's lonely work, and it's dangerous work, and we rarely give them the credit they deserve.

They roam the streets in the middle of the night, and when we call, they show up.

They can't avoid the tough neighborhoods or suspicious characters.

Police? Sure. But I'm talking about cabbies, too.

Michael Mayo Michael Mayo Bio | E-mail | Recent columns

At least four have been killed in South Florida this year. I heard the stat as I drove to the march marking the first anniversary of the still-unsolved murder of Broward Sheriff's Sgt. Chris Reyka in Pompano Beach.

This was Friday morning, the end to another strange and tragic South Florida week.

In Hollywood, police searched for the killer of Rosario Esposito, a 62-year-old taxi driver gunned down in a pre-dawn robbery.

In Coconut Creek, the family of a federal agent killed in a road-rage shooting gathered for a funeral.

And on the Internet, debate raged on the differing responses and resources for different murder victims. In the case of U.S. Border and Customs agent Donald Pettit: a 30-hour manhunt involving hundreds of officers, many on their own time, along with roadblocks, traffic stops and air support including a federal Blackhawk helicopters.

In the case of the taxi driver: a perimeter around the shooting scene for a few hours, followed by an investigation that lacked the same show of force accompanying Pettit's death.

As details in the Pettit case came out, more questions followed. Why did Pettit follow another driver into a post-office parking lot after an exchange of obscene gestures? Why would suspect James Wonder, 65, respond by allegedly shooting Pettit in the head? If Pettit was on duty, as authorities say, why was his 12-year-old daughter with him?

Such an ugly week.

And yet, on the hot pavement leading from the Sheriff's Office Pompano Beach headquarters to the Walgreens parking lot where Reyka was killed, there was a scene of beauty Friday.

Reyka's family, friends and colleagues walked side-by-side with city workers and community residents, some who had never met Reyka. About 400 marchers took the 2.6-mile trek, and it felt like a journey of hope.

Hope that Reyka's killers would be caught.

And hope that South Florida is still a community that can come together, instead of being a patchwork quilt that can't help but tear itself apart.

"To see this kind of support, it means the world to us," said Kim Reyka, Chris' widow.

Along the route, residents of John Knox Village handed out water and workers came out from shops and offices to pay their respects.

Toward the rear, an elderly woman walked slowly.

"I wanted to be a part of this," Mattie Nolan said. "He was a good man."

She is 78, a lifelong Pompano Beach resident.

Nolan had occasional dealings with Reyka because of her mentally ill son. "He used to come to my house and help me out," she said. "Whoever did this is a terrible person, just a terrible person. He was just trying to do his job."

Further up, I met Tim Bush, 39, a Broward Sheriff's deputy who came up through the Pompano Beach ranks with Reyka. Bush walked with his wife, Renee, and two sons, Justin, 11 and Jordan, 7.

Bush spoke about the time he and Reyka partnered in a two-man patrol car for a month in 1993. Reyka's only fault: Driving too carefully, even on hot pursuits of suspects, never going above 65 mph. Bush would call him "Driving Miss Daisy."

Bush said he realizes that people outside law enforcement might not understand the brotherhood that binds police. It's the bond that brings them rushing to each other's side when tragedy strikes. It's the bond that makes them do whatever they can, as long as they can, to help.

"I know some people complain about traffic tie-ups during police funerals, and some people might even complain about this," Bush said, as we walked along two closed lanes of South Powerline Road. "But they should stop and think about what they're stopped for. There's a family out there that no longer has a father and a husband."

I'm grateful for people like Reyka, willing to sacrifice all to serve. But the past week has been a reminder that law enforcement officers can be human, and that cabbies are fathers and husbands, too.

Michael Mayo's column runs Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. Read him online weekdays at Sun-Sentinel.com/mayoblog. Reach him at mmayo@sun-sentinel.com or 954-356-4508.

Replying to:

Why did you blow off the chance to make your opinions heard today, Foulks? You were certainly invited to come to the "Unity Forum" and would have been welcomed. Your buddy Greg McGee was there, expressed his opinions and was well received on the whole. You would have been too. They gave me a chance to pop off. I think it was a productive meeting overall.

When you boycott these meetings, you undermine the efforts of the taxi industry in Chicago and undercut organizing efforts in general.

For the same reason, I think it a pity that George Lutfallah failed to show up. No one from the Dispatcher was present - a pity. George's attorney friend would certainly have been a welcome resource person, and it would have been an appropriate place and time to meet him.

Too bad.

Maybe next time you'll think better of it and you'll come to one of these meetings when invited. They really are worth the while.

Donald Nathan

There will be no "Unity" with Donald Nathan, Prateek Sampat, or Yi Tang.

Mr. Nathan,

Let me address your comments first:

You wrote: "Why did you blow off the chance to make your opinions heard today, Foulks?"

I don't need Prateek Sampat of the American Friends Service Committee to invite me to any meeting to "have a chance to make (my) opinions heard".

You wrote: "You were certainly invited to come to the "Unity Forum" and would have been welcomed."

First, my name was certainly spelled incorrectly. How respectful, considerate, and welcoming.

Second, nobody asked me if 2 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon was a good time for me to meet.

Third, I was previously invited, disinvited, and then the subject of an intentional lie by Prateek Sampat and Peter Enger the last time I was "welcomed into" a "productive" meeting involving you, them, and others at the same restaurant.

Did you think I was going sacrifice my regular sleeping schedule considering that history?

You wrote: "Your buddy Greg McGee was there".

Why are you characterizing Mr. McGee as my "buddy"? Is he one of the attendees of recent UTCC meetings you characterized as one of my "henchmen"? What are the names of the Chicago cabdrivers you suppose are my "henchmen", Mr. Nathan?

You wrote: "(Mr. McGee) expressed his opinions and was well received on the whole. You would have been too."

What were those opinions, Mr. Nathan? Had I expressed different opinions, would you still presume that I would be "well-received"?

You wrote: "They gave me a chance to pop off."

What does that mean? What or how did you "pop off", Mr. Nathan?

You wrote: "I think it was a productive meeting overall."

How so?

You wrote: "When you boycott these meetings, you undermine the efforts of the taxi industry in Chicago and undercut organizing efforts in general."

Mr. Nathan, not attending a meeting with the likes of you and some others isn't a "boycott".

Explain how not attending a meeting called by Prateek Sampat can be construed as "undermining the efforts of the taxi industry" or "undercutting organizing efforts in general".

Mr. Nathan, are you working for Chicago cabdrivers exclusively or the "taxi industry" in general?

Aren't you a "director" of the CPTDA? Why weren't you listed as such on the invitation, as Wolf Weiss and Yi Tang were?

You wrote: "For the same reason, I think it a pity that George Lutfallah failed to show up."

Again, can you explain how not attending a meeting called by and attended by people who aren't Chicago cabdrivers, but in fact, people who have "undermined" and "undercut" Chicago cabdrivers who organize, is "undermining" or "undercutting" by George Lutfallah?

You wrote: "No one from the Dispatcher was present - a pity."

Was anyone else from the Chicago Dispatcher besides George Lutfallah invited?

You wrote: "George's attorney friend would certainly have been a welcome resource person"

Are you referring to Thomas Geoghegan? If so, why are you characterizing him as Mr. Lutfallah's "friend"?

I wouldn't refer to a lawyer of Mr. Geoghegan's prominence and caliber as a "resource person". I find it fascinating that you do.

You wrote: "Maybe next time you'll think better of it and you'll come to one of these meetings when invited."

Mr. Nathan, let me be clear. George Lutfallah rejected Prateek Sampat and you quite a while ago. After having similar experiences with both of you, I did the same.

There will be no "next time" when I might "think better", Mr. Nathan. I couldn't care less about being invited or not invited to any "unity" or "organizing" meeting involving Prateek Sampat, Yi Tang, or you. I simply won't attend.

You wrote: "They really are worth the while."

How so?

Now, Mr. Nathan, let me sum up:

Once again, your choice of words when characterizing people and describing what they do (and, in this case, not doing something) only confirms my decision made long ago to not associate with you whatsoever and quit suggesting to others that you might be a good "resource person".

You presume that all who were invited by Prateek Sampat of the American Friends Service Committee to a "Unity Forum" need to unite. I will not unite with anyone except Chicago cabdrivers.

Your unexplained insistence that "Chicago Metro" cabdrivers need to unite and your bothersome behavior prevent you from ever being welcomed by me as an individual cabdriver or as the President of the Chicago Cabdriver Organization (CCO).

I suggest that you spend your limited time addressing others who care about what you have to say or do and quit commenting about how George Lutfallah and I, (and anyone else), won't attend any meetings with the likes of you, Prateek Sampat, Yi Tang, or any other people who aren't current Chicago cabdrivers and spread misinformation damaging to the efforts and interests of those who are.

Simply put:

THERE WILL BE NO UNITY WITH DONALD NATHAN, PRATEEK SAMPAT, OR YI TANG.

THEY AREN'T CURRENT CHICAGO CABDRIVERS. THEY AREN'T NECESSARY. THEY'VE HURT US MORE THAN THEY'VE HELPED.

THERE WILL BE MORE UNITY AMONGST CHICAGO CABDRIVERS WITHOUT THEM.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Too bad.

Donald Nathan

Re: There will be no "Unity" with Donald Nathan, Prateek Sampat, or Yi Tang.

A mispelling of a name was your best reason not to attend. You need another 24 months.