General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Died in the line of duty. Jenny will be missed!

I do not know what exactly happened. Only it was informed by Mr. Yun of cab driver told me after accident.

Until now what is the reason for that accident, I do not know it. I try to know the details, but I failed.

Steve.

Who knows what happened - what counts is in how to help the children left behind

No one saw this happen. We are now investigating and hoping a camera may have taken pictures of what took place. We don't have records yet from the hospital to which Jenny Ji was taken from the scene. All we know for sure is that she was in a one-car crash and hit a light pole. There was no external bleeding and no heart attack. She died way too young and left three children, ages 22, 18 and 14.

A claim is going to be pending for Illinois Workers Compensation for the benefit of those motherless children. As long as the insurance company for her employer does not dispute the claim, my fee for the paperwork is going to be $100 - not much of a profit motive. We will investigate other possible remedies for the children to be sure.

The memory of all cabdrivers killed in the course of duty needs to be respected - Jenny Ji's too.

Donald Nathan, Esq.
Former C/L #11473

Re: Who knows what happened - what counts is in how to help the children left behind

How about issuing the placard to get the witness in O'hare?

Re: Re: Who knows what happened - what counts is in how to help the children left behind

I'm willing to do anything possible to find out what happened to Jenny. If someone may have seen that crash take place, it would give the children peace of mind to know. But for the purpose of Workers Compensation, it makes no real difference.

All that counts is that Jenny died as the result of an accident that took place while she was engaged in the course and scope of her employment relationship with American Taxi Dispatch at the time of the crash. She did. The reason for her death was the fact that she was entering the terminal area of O'Hare from Bessie Coleman Drive and struck a light pole while on the job. She wasn't just out there playing around. And her surviving children are entitled to benefits under the Workers Compensation Act for her death, all three of them: the one who is 14 years of age as well as the adult children, both of whom are still in school as full-time students.

These people were from a decent family of hard working immigrants who struggle like dogs to see to it that the children do better than they did, and Jenny did well. I'm so proud to be representing them. Any help we can get to find out how and why Jenny had that crash is sure going to be appreciated, but it won't affect the case for the children one way or another.

Donald Nathan