General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I want to let drivers know what happened at the airport

I started passing out fliers to inform drivers that I'm boycotting the food stand at the O'Hare staging area. The reason that was the prices are too high, the kitchen isn't clean, and drivers came to me complaining they've stopped eating there because they got sick with diarhea. I felt something needed to be done.

As I was passing out fliers, a supervisor from Standard Parking came asking me what am I passing out?
I told him it only concerns the drivers and he got offended. He said it does concern him because Standard Parking owns the staging area by contract with the city. I walked away from him, and he called someone from the aviation department and the police.

When the police came, they asked me what am I passing out? I told them I was exercising my first amendment right. The police told me not on private property I don't. So the police ordered me to get back to my cab and stay within twenty-five feet unless I'm using the bathroom, or I will be ticketed. I said okay.

I called George to come to the airport, to have him print a story about why I'm boycotting the food stand, and tell him what the police told me.

The aviation department came and gave a good reason why fliers are not allowed to be passed out at the staging area, and I agreed not to pass out anymore. The reason why, because drivers were dropping fliers on the ground and the wind blows papers onto the air field where the planes take off. The plane engines sucks up the papers into the plane engines causing a million dollars damage. They also gave the reason why they had the Sun-Times and Tribune stopped from selling their newspapers at the staging area.

The police came back after they warned me, and started giving George and I a problem. You'll read about it in the next issue of the Chicago Dispatcher that will come out tomorrow or the day after.

George didn't set me up to get in trouble. Whatever I did was on my own, because I was looking out for the cabdrivers best interest.

There was reason why I wanted the story in George's paper. The commissioner Norma Reyes writes columns in his paper. I figured that if she reads his paper, she'll find out about the boycotting and do something about it.

Re: I want to let drivers know what happened at the airport

Ted, Why didn't you call the health department? These private vendors must have a city license. What does the rate sheet/braile card say to do when the consumer is dissatisfied with your service? Complain to the city.

A city license must be posted in every business. Ask to see the license and contact the owners first hand. Why distribute fliers when you can go in yourself and try to end the problem or better yet ask for a city inspection. By handing out the fliers you were the one starting a fight. George isn't the proper authority here, the health department would have been.

Re: Re: I want to let drivers know what happened at the airport

There food sucks and that place needs to be shut down for good. The health department needs to be there. Next, time just call 311 and they will do the rest

Re: Re: I want to let drivers know what happened at the airport

Okay, thanks, I'll give them a call. I hope they come out, because I heard that the city and Mayor Daley has something to do with thyat food stand. I have to be careful so I don't cut my own throat.

Re: Re: Re: I want to let drivers know what happened at the airport

ted you seem like a honest guy. you know thats not how it went down last week. the drivers at the airport said george came with you, you didn't call him. why did you write it different? is george putting words in your mouth? i know he helped you before, but don't let him get you in trouble!

this is a good fight, but try to do it right, not how george is telling lyou to do it. george doesn't know how to make proper cases or fights or anything. thats why he didn't make any org. in all his years here in tha taxi industry.

he just likes news he can put in his paper that makes him look like a good guy.

ask him why he didn't put the names of the leaders in the paper? or why he asked them to sign a blank piece of paper? what kinds of leaders are so cowardly to not want to put their names in the paper or what they are planning to do to take more of our hardworking cabdrivers money?

when is the dispatcher coming out with answers to all theese questions?

"pauli" "johal" "mr. hernandez" and "hassan" seem to be the same person...Peter Enger?

"pauli" "johal" "mr. hernandez" and "hassan" seem to be the same person...Peter Enger?

Please see the new thread posted above...

-Mike Foulks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

ted you seem like a honest guy. you know thats not how it went down last week. the drivers at the airport said george came with you, you didn't call him. why did you write it different? is george putting words in your mouth? i know he helped you before, but don't let him get you in trouble!

this is a good fight, but try to do it right, not how george is telling lyou to do it. george doesn't know how to make proper cases or fights or anything. thats why he didn't make any org. in all his years here in tha taxi industry.

he just likes news he can put in his paper that makes him look like a good guy.

ask him why he didn't put the names of the leaders in the paper? or why he asked them to sign a blank piece of paper? what kinds of leaders are so cowardly to not want to put their names in the paper or what they are planning to do to take more of our hardworking cabdrivers money?

when is the dispatcher coming out with answers to all theese questions?

What does it matter if they are the same person

Who the devil cares if it is the same person? What does it matter? Nobody cares but you. If it's Enger, his criticisms are still on target.

Re: What does it matter if they are the same person

You buy stamps at the airport. You should be able to do what you want to do at that place