General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
What if they are? Who cares?

What difference would it make?

Re: Try the AUCA taxicab receipts

this way only business men and woman who cheat their companies by turnig in cab receipts who are teh attackers of cabdrivers and murdereres will know about weinersbergs law

give me a break. how do you reach the real attackers of cabdrivers george? i said knock it off.

Re: Camera may have prevented this death. Lack of a partition did not cause it.

3/8" Lexan is NOT bullet-resistant... according to ballistic standards of Underwriters Laboratories.

UL will explain that NOTHING is bullet-proof. They DO have bullet-resistance standards for low, medium and high power handguns.

What is the value of a nearly bullet-resistant material for 1/2 of a partition... when all illegal taxi partitions are designed with a weapon-access hole, and an assailant sitting in the back seat can opt, at any time, to use either front/side window while utilizing the partition to shield HIMSELF, merely opening a rear door or window??

Using a legal partition it is smart to modify the door/window options in the rear seat area. Rear doors should have the un-lock function and the 'window-down' function disabled.

I was trepidatious and very selective whenever the occasion arose that I took my prisoners to the police, but the cops thought it was pretty cool when I did it. Both times. The visual evidence I delivered was convincing for the cops.

Maybe I'm just a smooth talker. I once fired a 44 over an attackers' head, with nothing more than superficial scrutiny and mild admonition from the cops about firearm discharge in Parish limits.

Right after I shot and he ran, I yelled; "Someone call the cops." When they showed up, I made sure they saw me unloading my pistol and placing it on the hood of my cab.

SWC

You live in another country my friend.

Having a handgun in Chicago means jail time up here sir. It is a felony act and is taken very seriously. Your home state of Louisiana enforces different laws than the cops do here. I know of a guy that went to a Louisiana State prison, yes prison while he was waiting for his court date on a pot bust. Amount found, one small joint. Here they would just have laughed at the guy if he was clean otherwise. If they find a handgun on you here, you will end up in County jail. Not many up here know that your home state is more home rule than any other.

Now for the business of the partitions. Put a gun right up against your temple and pull the trigger. The bullet will probably end up stuck in the gun. This is what they count on with the partitions. You would have a better chance of penetrating the partiton from outside the vehicle rather than inside.

My proof of the gun to the temple statement is the Vietnam vet retired driver I know that tried it and had to get his skin stiched up afterwards. Velocity must be present to make penetration of the partition lexan or the bottom metal possible. Not much velocity has been achieved if the bullet is still in the gun barrel. Al of the bullet holes I have seen in taxis in Chicago never made it past the inner door skin. I did see one that went through the trunk where is was single sheetmetal and the bullet was found in this trunk. Anyway, my opinion is if the shot is too close or too far away there is no way the bullet will penetrate enough to go through the partition.

I know of most of this from being along time driver. If the partition is locked I still wouldn;t take the chance of testing it when I'm on the other side. The only time I was robbed was knifepoint with a noose placed around my neck. I didnt have a shield then. I do now.

My gun is kept in a locker at the range where it belongs. I guess I'll take it with when I move to Louisiana!

Re: Partitions- lack of caused this death.

Does anyone think a partition ever saved a drivers' life because his assailant was too stupid to figure out how to shoot through another window... or through the gun hole in the partition?

Not me.

Does anyone think a partition ever inclined an assailant to upgrade his weapon-of-choice from a knife/brute force... to a gun?

Me!

SWC