General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Are you alone, Mr. Foulks and the CC-0?

These questions will never be answered by Mr. M DFoulks. Knowing that no one shows up for the meetings does give an indication of the support M DFoulks has. CC-0.

What lawyer would donate time to file that lawsuit for you?

Is there a lawyer out there willing to donate time on a pro bono publico basis to prepare and file such a lawsuit for a felon, foulks? I'd love to know what guy or gal would put his good name on the line for the likes of a convicted felon. You are going to have to keep completely mum about your past when you go out there shopping.

Don't be surprised when your lawyer withdraws at the drop of the hat when your past comes out as surely it will.

Years ago when I was driving for Flash, I used to pay 5% to the Association for VA loads, blood loads, Great Lakes loads, etc. Those fares were generally dynamite profit for me, and I was happy to let Art Dickholtz take some of the profit for the purpose of administering the funds. It struck me that it was justified when I was given a load of a train crew out to Elkhart, Indiana or a car full of plasma to Kenosha, Wisconsin or Rockford where a life was being saved.

The 5% for credit cards, however, is a horse of a different color. But no attorney having a clue of what's going on in the taxi industry would bite at working with a felon as the lead plaintiff.

If you have some thought about really doing something, stay out of the caption of the case. Your name would be the kiss of death to any lawsuit.

Donald Nathan

We wouldn't necesarily need a "pro bono" lawyer, Mr. Nathan.

Mr. Nathan,

We wouldn't necessarily need a "pro bono" lawyer, Mr. Nathan.

I understand that lawyers like money. Its one thing that makes them human.

My felony conviction wouldn't be relevant to the merits of the case.

Are you sure you know the law?

-Mike Foulks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Is there a lawyer out there willing to donate time on a pro bono publico basis to prepare and file such a lawsuit for a felon, foulks? I'd love to know what guy or gal would put his good name on the line for the likes of a convicted felon. You are going to have to keep completely mum about your past when you go out there shopping.

Don't be surprised when your lawyer withdraws at the drop of the hat when your past comes out as surely it will.

Years ago when I was driving for Flash, I used to pay 5% to the Association for VA loads, blood loads, Great Lakes loads, etc. Those fares were generally dynamite profit for me, and I was happy to let Art Dickholtz take some of the profit for the purpose of administering the funds. It struck me that it was justified when I was given a load of a train crew out to Elkhart, Indiana or a car full of plasma to Kenosha, Wisconsin or Rockford where a life was being saved.

The 5% for credit cards, however, is a horse of a different color. But no attorney having a clue of what's going on in the taxi industry would bite at working with a felon as the lead plaintiff.

If you have some thought about really doing something, stay out of the caption of the case. Your name would be the kiss of death to any lawsuit.

Donald Nathan

I know enough law to have passed the Bar exam - that's more than a high school dropout

Do I know the Law? Perhaps so. I graduated from Loyola in June, 1975 and took the Bar exam that summer. I was licensed after passing it on October 27, 1975. Although I do not claim to be a scholar, most lawyers in the Daley Center respect my ability as a trial man in civil practice. Ask the lawyers who advertise in the "Dispatcher": Skolnick or LeBoyer for instance. They know me, and I expect they respect me as I respect them.

The merits of the case sometimes are not enough to entice a lawyer to take on representation of the client. If the client is despicable enough, the lawyer might not want his name sullied by having it tied to that client. Would I represent Adolph Hitler? Benito Mussolini? Beelzebub? Not on a bet.

Is there a lawyer who would take on the representation of a felon for enough of a retainer? Probably so. I wouldn't do it, but that doesn't mean much. Hundreds of lawyers get disciplined every year. Why wouldn't some lawyer take on a case for a felon if the retainer were high enough to induce him to do so?

Donald Nathan

Re: credit card oridinance is wrong and very unfair and are ripedd off for us!

I agree with you. I hate credit cards alot. Cash is better. If, Daley and Reyes drop dead. Cash cabs will be back.

Re: credit card oridinance is wrong and very unfair and are ripedd off for us!

I am with you. Credit Cards need to go. Daley and Reyes have no heart.