General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
I know enough law to have passed the Bar exam - that's more than a high school dropout

Do I know the Law? Perhaps so. I graduated from Loyola in June, 1975 and took the Bar exam that summer. I was licensed after passing it on October 27, 1975. Although I do not claim to be a scholar, most lawyers in the Daley Center respect my ability as a trial man in civil practice. Ask the lawyers who advertise in the "Dispatcher": Skolnick or LeBoyer for instance. They know me, and I expect they respect me as I respect them.

The merits of the case sometimes are not enough to entice a lawyer to take on representation of the client. If the client is despicable enough, the lawyer might not want his name sullied by having it tied to that client. Would I represent Adolph Hitler? Benito Mussolini? Beelzebub? Not on a bet.

Is there a lawyer who would take on the representation of a felon for enough of a retainer? Probably so. I wouldn't do it, but that doesn't mean much. Hundreds of lawyers get disciplined every year. Why wouldn't some lawyer take on a case for a felon if the retainer were high enough to induce him to do so?

Donald Nathan

Re: credit card oridinance is wrong and very unfair and are ripedd off for us!

I agree with you. I hate credit cards alot. Cash is better. If, Daley and Reyes drop dead. Cash cabs will be back.

Re: credit card oridinance is wrong and very unfair and are ripedd off for us!

I am with you. Credit Cards need to go. Daley and Reyes have no heart.