General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Good for you, Wolf. Ted is a good man

I can't second the motion. I'm not a Chicago cabdriver any the more. But I think Ted is the right choice for CCO President. He's tireless, cannot be corrupted, has a good heart and understands what it is to be a genuine Christian.

I'd go on, but what I've just said is probably more than enough reason to get out there and vote for Ted.

Donald Nathan

A right candidate, and a right choice!

The man knows who to talk to and how to get things done!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I hereby nominate Mr. Thaddeus Budzynski for CCO President. Does anyone second this motion?

Ted is the one to "clean up" the CCO

I for one second this motion. Ted is a great guy.

Re: Ted is the one to "clean up" the CCO

I hope he can help us. After I see the other so called leaders with felony record and breaking and entering, I hope Ted is the good, clean person that can help us.

Re: Re: Ted is the one to "clean up" the CCO, thank you all but I don't qualify

I would like to say thanks to all of you who feel I should be president of the CCO, but I don't feel I qualify to take on a big responsibility. So far, I'm doing alright in what I'm doing to help drivers get a raise, and getting the city to treat us better. I still wabnt drivers to continue the boycott, and I will be speaking with the limo drivers to help us by not patronizing the food stand at O'Hare staging. We are going to show Mayor Daley and everybody else in the Daley administration, that the cabdrivers rule the city.

Ted - Take credit for the respect you deserve

Why doesn't anyone say it straight up? Ted is a good soul and a good Christian. Those Christian values are the same ones good Muslims and Hindus and Jews all share. They are values that convicted felons disrespect. That's why decent people want you to take control of a cabdriver organization.

Sure it's a big responsibility. But you don't have to run it like it's an organization of one. You can even work with other organizations that respect you as do people like me who would be your ally in a heartbeat on almost any issue.

Take some credit, Ted. You deserve it. We need about a dozen more like you to clean up some of the scum in this great town of ours and to make City Hall understand how important the taxi industry is.

Donald Nathan

Mr. Nathan is half-right, half-wrong as usual.

Mr. Budzynski,

I am a wrongfully convicted felon. I know rightully convicted felons who are good Christians. Mr. Nathan doesn't really understand Christianity.

What Mr. Nathan does understand is that a group, especially those with an elected leadership, is far more righteous and powerful than a single man.

Mr. Nathan is wrong on the numbers part. We need a lot more than just another "dozen". In my estimation, we need at least 2 dozen leaders, preferably 50 or more if we are to reach our full potential.

You wouldn't be standing alone, Ted.

-Mike Foulks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Why doesn't anyone say it straight up? Ted is a good soul and a good Christian. Those Christian values are the same ones good Muslims and Hindus and Jews all share. They are values that convicted felons disrespect. That's why decent people want you to take control of a cabdriver organization.

Sure it's a big responsibility. But you don't have to run it like it's an organization of one. You can even work with other organizations that respect you as do people like me who would be your ally in a heartbeat on almost any issue.

Take some credit, Ted. You deserve it. We need about a dozen more like you to clean up some of the scum in this great town of ours and to make City Hall understand how important the taxi industry is.

Donald Nathan

Re: Ted - Take credit for the respect you deserve

Thanks, I'll give it alot of thought.

Yeah - lots of convicted felons become good Christians while behind bars

The most important Christian value I know, and one that all respect, is the concept of supplication, of atonement, of seeking forgiveness through Christ for sins. I hope I learned this as a boy. Christians took this concept from their Jewish roots: the Jews still seek "Slicchus" which roughly means "Forgiveness" for their sins from God. They do it once a year on the Day of Atonement: Yom Kippur. We Christians do it much more often, and it helps to purge the soul of evil.

Very commonly, convicted felons come to understand this concept. They often become the most devoted of Christians when behind bars. Or they become devoted Muslims who share the same core values.

Some few felons never seek forgiveness. They are the types who tend to be the repeat offenders, like felon foulks who now has three strikes against him. He's shooting for a fourth strike like Fidel Castro (the guy is probably too young to remember that one).

I do hope, Ted, that you give some serious consideration to taking over the organization the felon put together. It does have potential to be of good in the hands of a leader with a good moral soul. And you have that kind of soul - we all recognize it.

Some people don't want to be in the spotlight. They prefer to do their own thing. And if we have to see you be that sort, we are all going to respect you just as much. But I'm hoping that SOMEONE who is morally a decent person takes up the cause and steps up to the plate to put the felon off to the sidelines. For the sake of the taxi industry in Chicago, it doesn't need to be influenced by a criminal element.

Donald Nathan