General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Airport stamp revenue is paid by the cabdriver.

You are starting to sound like Reyes: "There's not much stopping anyone from implementing a group health care or "pension" plan other than a lack of interest from cabdrivers themselves."

So why don't we all have a great insurance plan?

I suppose if you understood the concept of victimization or had the ability to sympathize with victims of economic abuse, you might refrain from arguing that it is our own fault that we are underpaid and kept in economic limbo for the benefit of City politician's purposes.

I can understand why a would-be extortionist has problems seeing it from the victim's point of view.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Airport stamp revenue is paid by the cabdriver.

Using it to pay for "health care, etc." is simply using the cabdrivers' money to pay for it.

Again, I challenge anyone to explain how any of these "insurances" will be paid for by anyone except the cabdrivers.

There's not much stopping anyone from implementing a group health care or "pension" plan other than a lack of interest from cabdrivers themselves.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

You still haven't answered my questions.

----------------------------------------

You wrote "Neither of these "insurances" are going to be paid for by anyone other than cabdrivers themselves. I challenge anyone to explain how."

This has been brought up before and even posted on this site: Try airport stamp revenue. That would be enough for full health, hospital, eye & dental coverage for each full time driver.

-------------------------------------------------

Your "endorsement" is 26 guys who "voted" in your un-official, unverifiable, unbelievable "election" and those two guys who "marched" with you, or actually, got caught in the photo of you in the Dispatcher?

Some endorsement! Pitiful, just pitiful.

I suppose if one follows your logic, if you see a light in the sky you can safely conclude that it was aliens who had come to endorse you.

Replying to:

Mr. Nathan,

I sense very little interest or hope for a "serious fare increase" at the moment.

I sense very little "outrage" at the recent attacks upon Chicago cabdrivers and the response from the authorities. At least, not much "outrage" which leads to much productive activity.

The cabdrivers who are now driving with a camera protecting them instead of a shield choose to do so. Those who still have only a shield aren't clamoring for the addition of a camera.

Nothing is stopping anyone from having a group health insurance plan other than a lack of interest from Chicago cabdrivers. Many insurers of different sorts have wandered in and out of this market.

Our children can get insurance. This is Illinois. You'll be able to ride the bus for free until you croak, soon enough, Mr. Nathan.

To also consider a "pension plan", most cabdrivers don't want to be forced to set aside money for retirement for many different reasons. Even though it might be in the best interests of some of them.

Neither of these "insurances" are going to be paid for by anyone other thsn cabdrivers themselves. I challenge anyone to explain how.

What needs to be organized is the politcal will and power of the current Chicago cabdrivers. Not the will of extreme-left church groups (AFSC). Not the will of their appointed puppets (UTCC).

Not even the singular opinions of George Lutfallah, Melissa Callahan, myself, or anybody else who has been relevant to these discussions about organizing.

What matters is what most current Chicago cabdrivers themselves care to do something about AS A LARGE GROUP, if anything at all.

You presume that these "things" are all good for current Chicago cabdrivers. You seem to ignore the important question of whether Chicago cabdrivers agree with you or not.

You rightfully recognize the importance of free speech.

What's the point of having it without using it to democratically decide what WE, current Chicago cabdrivers, not YOU, Mr. Nathan, Mr. Tang, Mr. Sampat, etc.) want to do.

No matter how it disturbs you, Mr. Nathan, a significant group of current Chicago cabdrivers support me. Most of them know all about my legal troubles with my dysfunctional step-family.

I am answerable to them regularly. Perhaps your campaign to constantly distort my criminal record might have the negative impact you obviously intend.

I don't think it will.

I also don't think you are having the positive impact you intend, if you are serious about "helping" those who want to organize Chicago cabdrivers.

We've heard this "I'll be here if you want me...until then, I'll stay out of the way" many times before from you, Mr. Nathan.

I advised you before to stay out of other people's conflicts and personal business. Those of us who might work together yet need to work out our own differences.

You're not all bad, Mr. Nathan. You are just far enough from perfect to be a perfect pain-in-the-ass.

Try using your superpowers to fight real evil, Old Spice. Maybe we'll summon you. Look for the "Rat-Signal".

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

It's just one man's opinion, but I think the lot of you are correct.

George, the need for a free press is critical. The service you donate in providing your "Forum" for the airing of opinion is something that I treasure - and the need to have it available is one that we all give you thanks for continuing. No doubt the banter that goes back and forth gives a basis for the circulation of your "Dispatcher" which is largely supported by paid advertisements. But that free press for the sake of the taxi industry is SOOO blessed important to protect. Even when I disagree with you vehemently, which oftentimes I do, I guard with my every fiber your right to express your opinions and respect your opportunity to continue to do so.

I want you to prosper and continue to succeed.

There is nothing wrong with unionizing. Whether it is done in a traditional way or a non-traditional, community based way makes no difference as long as it achieves the common goals of the cabdriver community. There are needs that have to be met: a serious fare increase; driver safety and protection; a health insurance plan of some sort; a pension plan of some sort. None of these things are going to happen without some sort of organized effort. This can be done through a union of some formal structure or it can be done through some other means.

I don't care a hang about how any of these things are administered. I am pushing 64, and I expect to be long out of the picture before any of this comes to pass. Contrary to what some might suggest, I have no personal interest at heart. I'm not campaigning for being the administrator of some fund and not trying to set one up. I am a semi-retired trial lawyer with an office out in Elmhurst who has interest in the taxi industry - nothing more.

That's exactly why I back George's "One-Big-Union" through his lawyer friend Geoghegan OR anything the UTCC might put together with the funding of American Friends OR anything that Melissa Callahan might create OR anything else that anyone who is credible and not a criminal might design. These people all are the kind of folks we can trust and respect.

Put me down as their supporter - all of them. I'm happy to work with them. I'm happy to support them if asked. Although I have 40 years of industry experience, I'll stay out of the way if it's preferred. I still say you're all correct, and I'm ready to work with any of you.

Donald Nathan

He's in line to take over the job of Commissioner

No doubt foulks is on the short list to be the next DCS Commissioner. The fact that he's a high school dropout means nothing. After all, the guy claims to have earned a G.E.D., whatever that is. And who needs a college education to be a City of Chicago Commissioner? Certainly you don't need a law degree.

The man has all the qualifications: service to the Democrqatic Party (he says so, so I'll accept it); he's certainly bright and articulate - he says so, and his acerbic digs set him out as a special sort of person; he's never been found guilty of a felony involving ACTIVE violence (murder, rape, mayhem), but rather he's just entered a guilty plea to having made the threat of murder if money weren't to be forked over; extortion like crimes are nothing to the typical Chicagoan - we all accept them. That doesn't take him out.

Jo, you better take foulks' suggestions seriously. He's likely to be pushing them under the Mayor's pen soon enough. Just keep in mind where it is that you live.

Donald Nathan

Re: He's in line to take over the job of Commissioner

Sounds, like a kiss ass friend of Daleys. Will, get the job. Daley needs to go and retire

Re: Airport stamp revenue is paid by the cabdriver.

Mike, since the city workers who ran staging were let go to cut the city budget, part of the money from the airport stamp tax is alocated to pay for the standard parking employees. We pay them, not the city.

Re: Re: Airport stamp revenue is paid by the cabdriver.

Are you sure, Ted?

How do you know?

Do you have documents to prove this?

What's your point, anyway?

-Mike Foulks

P.S. You have my utmost respect for all that you do, Mr. Budzynski. You are a good example for others to follow.

Replying to:

Mike, since the city workers who ran staging were let go to cut the city budget, part of the money from the airport stamp tax is alocated to pay for the standard parking employees. We pay them, not the city.

Re: Re: Re: Airport stamp revenue is paid by the cabdriver.

Mike

The reason why I know this because a standard parking supervisor told me. When I started talking to a black female employee who worked for standard parking. I did remember her name was Diane. She was working at the time in the short trip booth and told me she is not allowed to talk to us customers. I told her she was crazy because we're not her customers. She radioed for a supervisor complaining that I'm bothering her. Her supervisor came and we talked. I told her what she said, telling me she's not allowed to talk to us customers. The supervisor said TECHNICALLY WE ARE BECAUSE THE $2.00 STAMPS WE PAY FOR, PART OF IT IS ALOCATED TO THEIR PAY. So that's how I know.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Airport stamp revenue is paid by the cabdriver.

Mr. Budzynski,

I wouldn't accept everything that a Standard Parking supervisor told me as being necessarily true.

I would double check the "facts".

Wolf Weiss purports to know a lot of this kind of information.

Maybe he could post the relevant documents about the contract between the City and Standard Parking and the other relevant documents pertaining to the MPEA stamps.

Can anybody "Wolf Whistle"?

HERE, BOY!

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mike

The reason why I know this because a standard parking supervisor told me. When I started talking to a black female employee who worked for standard parking. I did remember her name was Diane. She was working at the time in the short trip booth and told me she is not allowed to talk to us customers. I told her she was crazy because we're not her customers. She radioed for a supervisor complaining that I'm bothering her. Her supervisor came and we talked. I told her what she said, telling me she's not allowed to talk to us customers. The supervisor said TECHNICALLY WE ARE BECAUSE THE $2.00 STAMPS WE PAY FOR, PART OF IT IS ALOCATED TO THEIR PAY. So that's how I know.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Airport stamp revenue is paid by the cabdriver.

Mike,

The city contracts are public access. You can get a copy of the contract Standard Parking has with the city and it's free. You could even go online for it.

Where can I go online to see the contract between Standard Parking and the City?

Mr. Budzynski,

Where can I go online to see the contract between Standard Parking and the City?

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mike,

The city contracts are public access. You can get a copy of the contract Standard Parking has with the city and it's free. You could even go online for it.

Re: Where can I go online to see the contract between Standard Parking and the City?

You can call city hall or 311 and they'll probably tell you where to go on line.

Re: Where can I go online to see the contract between Standard Parking and the City?

Why, so you can try to extort $125,000 from Standard Parking too?

They just may get a contract on your subhuman dumb ass.

File a Freedom (free doom!) of Information Act Request and the City will tell you everything you need to know.

Replying to:

Mr. Budzynski,

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mike,

Re: Re: Where can I go online to see the contract between Standard Parking and the City?

Neil,

I pray for people like you with troubled minds. If you don't have anything civilized to say, then don't say anything. You'd be better off.

Re: Re: Re: Where can I go online to see the contract between Standard Parking and the City?

save your prayers for your fool dumb ass friend

Re: Re: Re: Re: Where can I go online to see the contract between Standard Parking and the City?

Your personality tells me that you don't have any friends.

airports stamps are big rip-off

Those airports stamps are big rip-off. I don't work that airport no more.

Re: Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos

anyone wonder why george titled this black steel in the hour of chaos? its a public enemy song about a prison break and killing police men with his black steel.

does george imagine he is some kind of prison breaker who wants to kill poliec?