General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: THIS IS ANOTHER PIECE OF THE INDUSTRY WIDE DALEY SCANDAL

No one mentioned if the driver was injured? Nobody cares about the driver! The driverm once again, is the bad guy.

The driver, no matter if he is 25 or 85 years old, has a right to a fair trial for his alleged violations. (Even if it had been Long Ears behind the wheel!)

Maybe - just maybe - if those millions and millions of dollars that we pay for that stupid airport tax went to driver's health and retirement plan, that driver who wrecked could have been enjoying his golden years at home, not behind the wheel of a cab.

Ted, George, Peter, Prateek, Steve, Melissa, everyone, we need to support this driver with legal fees money, medical expense money and boots on the ground and make sure the courts go after the real culprits, THE CITY OF CHICAGO.

This could be the cause for which we all put our differences aside and help one of our own!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I have never seen any sense what-so-ever in this set up.

People who use the facilities of any part of the building have to walk through sometimes three lanes of moving cab traffic just to get stamps, food, a drink or go to the bathroom!

Where is OSHA when you need them? Where is the Health Department, the Building Department?

They are all busy spending their bribe money and the can't see over their free pile of donuts, that's where.

The Consumer Services Gestapo Pigs write tickets everyday on cab drivers and owners, but the city looks the other way when it comes to the health and safety of their own employees, contractors, cab and limo drivers.

Maybe the driver who crashed should have been cited. Who do you call when the courrupt money grabber government officials that are supposed to make sure everyone is safe looks the other way?

This makes me so angry, I just wish I could have been the fireman who took his axe to the window to save the people trapped inside! I might have torn the entire facility down right then and there.

I may have gone after the authorities who designed and built this roach-infested and rat-ridden death trap.

The City puts everyone in the staging area at serious risk every time they enter until they are free and clear of the danger zones called the Commercial Vehicle Staging Area.

If a driver would have been hit by the out-of-control Checker, he would be turned down for Workers' Comp coverage because he was not in his cab, tending to business!

Scam upon scam upon scam!

This does need to be investigated! The City of Chicago Building Department, the Aviation Department are at fault and should be held as liable as the driver for his alleged offenses.

This could have been prevented if they had designed real safety when they re-built the staging area years ago.

Replying to:

"The driver was given two citations ...
driving an unsafe vehicle and for failure to reduce speed ..."

Was the owner cited for leasing out an allegedly unsafe vehicle? If it passed inspection, it must be safe, right?

Is the building (and more importantly, are the people inside, the City personel, the Standard Parking people, the bank personnel and Mr. Zee's food stand employees) properly protected from an out-of-control vehicle?

They have concrete dividers protecting the short trip booth, and the prayer area facilities? Airport personnel, food service employees, airport tax stamp buyers and food buyers don't deserve the same protection?

Why is there no safety or fire escape for the? What if (heaven forbid) the vehicle had caught fire?

There is boiling oil and open flame in the food preparation area. What if there was a restaurant fire, whose goose gets cooked then?

There seems to be serious fire code and possibly OSHA violations.

What about the rat and roach infestation in that building?

George's newspaper as been banned as a safety hazard to airplanes, aren't chicken bones and plastic food trays, forks, spoons and knives even more dangerous?

This place is a disaster waiting to happen!

Replying to:

The property is managed by the Standard Parking, isn't it?

How far away from the Prayer Room?

Replying to:

it was a checker cab so doubt it was a fleet car. probly owner/op but who knows.

Re: Re: Re: Re: THIS IS ANOTHER PIECE OF THE INDUSTRY WIDE DALEY SCANDAL

They have those security (government spy) cameras which may show us what happened.

Replying to:

No one mentioned if the driver was injured? Nobody cares about the driver! The driverm once again, is the bad guy.

The driver, no matter if he is 25 or 85 years old, has a right to a fair trial for his alleged violations. (Even if it had been Long Ears behind the wheel!)

Maybe - just maybe - if those millions and millions of dollars that we pay for that stupid airport tax went to driver's health and retirement plan, that driver who wrecked could have been enjoying his golden years at home, not behind the wheel of a cab.

Ted, George, Peter, Prateek, Steve, Melissa, everyone, we need to support this driver with legal fees money, medical expense money and boots on the ground and make sure the courts go after the real culprits, THE CITY OF CHICAGO.

This could be the cause for which we all put our differences aside and help one of our own!

Replying to:

People who use the facilities of any part of the building have to walk through sometimes three lanes of moving cab traffic just to get stamps, food, a drink or go to the bathroom!

Where is OSHA when you need them? Where is the Health Department, the Building Department?

They are all busy spending their bribe money and the can't see over their free pile of donuts, that's where.

The Consumer Services Gestapo Pigs write tickets everyday on cab drivers and owners, but the city looks the other way when it comes to the health and safety of their own employees, contractors, cab and limo drivers.

Maybe the driver who crashed should have been cited. Who do you call when the courrupt money grabber government officials that are supposed to make sure everyone is safe looks the other way?

This makes me so angry, I just wish I could have been the fireman who took his axe to the window to save the people trapped inside! I might have torn the entire facility down right then and there.

I may have gone after the authorities who designed and built this roach-infested and rat-ridden death trap.

The City puts everyone in the staging area at serious risk every time they enter until they are free and clear of the danger zones called the Commercial Vehicle Staging Area.

If a driver would have been hit by the out-of-control Checker, he would be turned down for Workers' Comp coverage because he was not in his cab, tending to business!

This does need to be investigated! The City of Chicago Building Department, the Aviation Department are at fault and should be held as liable as the driver for his alleged offenses.

This could have been prevented if they had designed real safety when they re-built the staging area years ago.

Replying to:

Was the owner cited for leasing out an allegedly unsafe vehicle? If it passed inspection, it must be safe, right?

Is the building (and more importantly, are the people inside, the City personel, the Standard Parking people, the bank personnel and Mr. Zee's food stand employees) properly protected from an out-of-control vehicle?

They have concrete dividers protecting the short trip booth, and the prayer area facilities? Airport personnel, food service employees, airport tax stamp buyers and food buyers don't deserve the same protection?

Why is there no safety or fire escape for the? What if (heaven forbid) the vehicle had caught fire?

There is boiling oil and open flame in the food preparation area. What if there was a restaurant fire, whose goose gets cooked then?

George's newspaper as been banned as a safety hazard to airplanes, aren't chicken bones and plastic food trays, forks, spoons and knives even more dangerous?

Replying to:

Replying to:

it was a checker cab so doubt it was a fleet car. probly owner/op but who knows.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: THIS IS ANOTHER PIECE OF THE INDUSTRY WIDE DALEY SCANDAL

It is coincidence how I ask for information about unions.

Here is a sample of why drivers need to be together.

All drivers, owners, all chauffeurs in the Chicago area, all drivers around the world need to join together.

If the truck drivers and all other trades and professionals can do it, why not cab drivers?

This would be for real power.

If not, all drivers will be the victims of the whims of beaurocrats, con-men and appointed officials of corrupt politicians.

Replying to:

They have those security (government spy) cameras which may show us what happened.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

I mentioned one Steve, BUT I meant both Steves:

Steve Wiedersberg of the Chicago Professional TAXI CAB DRIVERS Association and;

Steve Kim of the UNITED TAXIDRIVERS COMMUNITY COUNCIL.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Good points Wolfgang. I wonder how long this guy had been driving and what his financial condition is? Was he forced to take a 24 hour shift?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: THIS IS ANOTHER PIECE OF THE INDUSTRY WIDE DALEY SCANDAL

No wonder the cabbie received tickets, not one ticket but two tickets. The coruppt and racist police in Chicago have this attitude that cab drivers are bad people.We see this injustice everywhere on streets.
When others make illegal turns or are at faults, they are let go but cab drivers are stopped and issued tickets for every minor violations they can find.
May cab riders and specially the city officials and police have this attitude that we don't deserve to be treated as a human being and we are lower class people and we must think they are right no matter what. I mean all cab drivers have expereinced that type of mistreatment in Chicago.

I don't condone this cab driver's reckless speeding which caused this crash but the question is why the driver is only wrong and others at airport those involved are right?
Why was the police so quick to write two citations?
How did the police know or how is he right for issuing ticket for unsafe vehicle?
The cop thought that cabs are not regulated and there is no rule and we are driving cabs that are totally unsafe?
Don't they know we go through very tough inspections every months?
We are being abused by cab riders and the police because we remain silient and we always let them think they are right and we are wrong.
DOn't be afraid. We can do any other job we can we don't have to make them feel right all the time!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: THIS CALLS FOR A TWO-HOUR STRIKE WHENT HE LOT IS FULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cabbies need to take the city to court for allowing this unsafe and dangerous condition to exist. Health and safety violations are not from stupidity, but from deliberate negligence. They know how much it would cost to make it safe and they decided cab drivers were not worth the extra money for safety.

How about a demonstration - we "strike" for two hours when the lot is full?

Replying to:

No wonder the cabbie received tickets, not one ticket but two tickets. The coruppt and racist police in Chicago have this attitude that cab drivers are bad people.We see this injustice everywhere on streets.
When others make illegal turns or are at faults, they are let go but cab drivers are stopped and issued tickets for every minor violations they can find.
May cab riders and specially the city officials and police have this attitude that we don't deserve to be treated as a human being and we are lower class people and we must think they are right no matter what. I mean all cab drivers have expereinced that type of mistreatment in Chicago.

I don't condone this cab driver's reckless speeding which caused this crash but the question is why the driver is only wrong and others at airport those involved are right?
Why was the police so quick to write two citations?
How did the police know or how is he right for issuing ticket for unsafe vehicle?
The cop thought that cabs are not regulated and there is no rule and we are driving cabs that are totally unsafe?
Don't they know we go through very tough inspections every months?
We are being abused by cab riders and the police because we remain silient and we always let them think they are right and we are wrong.
DOn't be afraid. We can do any other job we can we don't have to make them feel right all the time!

Everyone is authorized to write tickets, but who is responsible to keep the place safe?

http://www.nbc5.com/news/17401922/detail.html

It is the third accident (work related) so far within a month in the same area. Someone should be held responsible to keep our work place safe!

A THROUGH INVESTIGATION IS NEEDED.

1. Aug. 11, about 4:40 p.m., the woman, driving American Taxi van No. 603, had just exited Bessie Coleman Drive and was on a ramp for westbound I-190 when the crash occurred, according to a Chicago Police sergeant assigned to O’Hare.

She was pronounced dead at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge at 7:57 p.m. Monday.

2. Aug. 26, 7:30 a.m., a 45-year-old city employee who died following a minor traffic crash at O'Hare International Airport Tuesday morning, apparently suffered a heart attack while he was working, police said.

Donald Powers, of 5525 W. 64th St., later died at Resurrection Medical Center at 8:25 a.m., a spokesman for the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office said.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: THIS IS ANOTHER PIECE OF THE INDUSTRY WIDE DALEY SCANDAL

Cause the driver hit a non-moving building, you moron.

HEY CREDIT CARDS SUCK

I HATE CREDIT CARDS ALOT. I ALWAYS GET A BAD CARD. WHEN, I WANT TO CASH WITH CHECKER. I AM TIRED OF THIS CRAP. CABBIES LETS GET TOGETHER AND SUE THE CITY FOR THIS STUPID LAW.

Re: HEY CREDIT CARDS SUCK. We must take the city to court. credit card is unlawful!

i have said this many times. the city's credit card rule is unlawful and illegal. It's unlawful cos we are ripped off 5% of our money every time we cash those and when the card is bad, we lose the entire money. I have lost hundreds of dollars from this **** credit cards. People are taking advantage of this rule and giving us bad cards so they don't lose money. It's unfair to cabbies because we are forced the accept cards, but many shops and resturants and convineint store don't accept credit cards and even if they do accept cards, they have minimum of $10 or $20 purchase. The city made it law for cabbies but not for shop and resturant owners. That's why it is unfair and illegal and we must take the city to court regarding this. We must file a class action law suit against the city. We must ask for all the money we lost and we must put an end to the city's law of credit card for cab drivers.
We must do something and sue the city.
I don't know why George is very silient on this issue.
If George suport cab drivers, he should support us regarding this illegal credit card rule and challange the city.

You all talk about taking the City to court, but only the Seven have taken action

Talk, talk, talk. All of you talk about taking action, but the only bunch who have had the courage to at least TRY are "The Magnificent Seven".

Quite frankly, I don't know if we'll get past square one with that case. I'm going to give it my best shot.

But Judge Epstein may feel that the City had the right within its Home Rule power to enact an ordinance that gives Commissioner Reyes authority to revoke or suspend a c/l of a guy accused of a felony. He may feel that's not a violation of the right to be considered innocent until proven guilty.

Judge Epstein may feel it was okay for the City to cut fares to Bridgeview and Skokie from the airports to straight meter. He may feel that's not a violation of due process rights of the drivers.

And Judge Epstein may feel that the gas surcharge is something the City had a right to enact over a fare increase generally.

Whatever happens in that case, the only way the City is going to take cabdrivers seriously is going to be when they have to face challenge after challenge in courts of law. Whether I am the lawyer handling it or it's someone else, you all have to find the courage to step up to the plate and swing the bat OVER AND OVER.

They won't take you seriously unless you do.

Donald Nathan

May be Gorege would be a lead plaintiff is this case or any others.

I'm sure that he is still a licensed cabdriver, which gives him the legal standing to sue.

May be he will sue for his rack this time.

Replying to:

Talk, talk, talk. All of you talk about taking action, but the only bunch who have had the courage to at least TRY are "The Magnificent Seven".

Quite frankly, I don't know if we'll get past square one with that case. I'm going to give it my best shot.

But Judge Epstein may feel that the City had the right within its Home Rule power to enact an ordinance that gives Commissioner Reyes authority to revoke or suspend a c/l of a guy accused of a felony. He may feel that's not a violation of the right to be considered innocent until proven guilty.

Judge Epstein may feel it was okay for the City to cut fares to Bridgeview and Skokie from the airports to straight meter. He may feel that's not a violation of due process rights of the drivers.

And Judge Epstein may feel that the gas surcharge is something the City had a right to enact over a fare increase generally.

Whatever happens in that case, the only way the City is going to take cabdrivers seriously is going to be when they have to face challenge after challenge in courts of law. Whether I am the lawyer handling it or it's someone else, you all have to find the courage to step up to the plate and swing the bat OVER AND OVER.

Donald Nathan

Frivolous lawsuits with no likelihood of success don't concern the City.

Frivolous lawsuits with no likelihood of success don't concern the City.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Donald Nathan

Re: Frivolous long eared fools with no likelihood of success don't concern the City.

Frivolous long eared fools with no likelihood of success don't concern the City.