General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Mike Foulks responds to Mr. Tehrani.

Mr. Tehrani,

There are no actual "unions" of cabdrivers in Chicago. There are many small groups of people who are politically active in trying to make driving a cab in Chicago fairer for the cabdriver. I am only one of them.

There are about 100 members of the CCO. The CCO is not a recognized arbitrator or negotiator for drivers. Nobody is.

All of the Cabdriver-Representatives who were selected by cabdrivers during the last election have been removed due to their lack of participation. Thus, there are no more meetings anticipated until the third CCO election on November 19, 2008.

Hopefully, those cabdrivers who are serious and committed to joining a democratic organization as simply a voting member or as a Cabdriver-Representative will participate in greater numbers.

I challenge all of the other groups to run at least one candidate to allow a true measure of their actual support amongst current Chicago cabdrivers. There is nothing disrespectful about this challenge.

You disrespect me when you characterize any of my comments to be "like the white supremacists". I am not a "white supremacist", nor have I ever made comments which can be construed as such.

Please cite an example if you disagree. There are a few guys who think they can alienate non-white cabdrivers from me by claiming that I am a racist or that I make racist comments.

They can't succeed; I am well-known amongst many of my fellow non-white cabdrivers who know well that I am no "white supremacist". Anybody who makes such claims against me can be quickly regarded as ridiculous and divisive.

I would venture that hundreds of cabdrivers know me by sight, if not by name, perhaps more than a thousand. I don't think that any one particular individual will ever be recognized as a dominant leader of Chicago cabdrivers. We will be led by a large committee, if at all.

You are correct. I am opposed to some of the UTCC in practice and principle.

First, the UTCC is backed by the American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) through the "TWO Project". Their employee, Prateek Sampat, has attempted to organize cabdrivers in the same fashion as the NYTWA (the New York group led by non-cabdriver Bhairavi Desai.)

While the NYTWA has had some success in making noise for New York cabdrivers, they haven't achieved the real power that any group of cabdrivers in any city has the potential to achieve.

Mr. Sampat personally has spread, and encouraged the spread, of misleading propaganda more appropriate for a different era when Marxism was in vogue.

Mr. Sampat has misrepresented himself and his employer to the public, politicians, and others as to the extent of his or their importance or influence upon Chicago cabdrivers. He has linked the UTCC to a left social agenda which I know that most Chicago cabdrivers simply have no interest in supporting.

I have never said that outsiders don't have a role to play in organizing a successful union or other political organization of Chicago cabdrivers.

This is simply a deliberate lie designed to ridicule me.

I am deserving of no such ridicule.

I have simply stated that current Chicago cabdrivers are the only ones who can properly decide and represent current Chicago cabdrivers.

Would you let Mayor Daley and all of his buddies to join the cabdriver "union" so they could vote for themselves and use the money for their agenda, not ours?

Would you let suburban cabdrivers and limo drivers join the Chicago cabdriver "union" so they could vote for themselves and use the money for their agenda and not ours? Like letting suburban cabs line up with city cabs at the airports? Or letting limos get into cabstands if they charge the same as us?

Outsiders, especially the AFSC, lawyer Donald Nathan, and suburban cabdriver/limo driver Yi Tang, have already proven how counterproductive their interference with current Chicago cabdrivers naturally organizing themselves has been.

I am not of the Christian sect that doesn't allow doctors to help their sick. I don't see what your point is. It isn't relevant what ones' religion is. What matters, are you a current Chicago cabdriver or not? If you're not, you don't have a vote in our "union" or political organization. You aren't one of us. Period.

Nobody is going to give the UTCC very much money, and those who do won't do so for very long. The UTCC has its own structural problems which will disintegrate it just like the CPTCDA fell apart after a conflict about money.

There's nothing democratic about the UTCC. The CPTDA isn't part of the UTCC.

I find nothing wrong with the CIOGC. I don't believe they are aware of how radical and shameful the AFSC and Prateek Sampat are and have acted.

The CPTDA, namely, "Director" Wolf Weiss, have focused more effort in deriding Mr. Lutfallah and the Chicago Dispatcher or myself and the CCO.

The CPTDA is not popular with Chicago cabdrivers by any stretch of the imagination.

Please continue participating in this discussion forum, Mr. Tehrani. The current activists and organizers simply can't get along. It will take others from the 10,000-plus Chicago cabdrivers to form a democratic, representative union or organization, if ever such an group will be effective or even exist.

Perhaps you will be inspired, and inspire others, to participate. Time will tell.

Quite frankly, I doubt your sincerity.

-Mike Foulks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

This is my first time to post on this site.

I am new to Chicago cab driving. I drove cab for two years in San Diego for Yellow Cab of North County. There seem to be a lot of different unions here. I am very interested in joining and working with these people.

I have seen in these messages about the CCO, which is interesting because according to Mike Foulks he says the members elect their officers and representatives. How many members are there? Is the CCO recognized arbitrator or negotiator for drivers? When and where are meetings? I would be interested in joining with this group if Mr. Mike were not so disrespectful of others and call them names like the white supremacists.

I have not met any of their members. I have asked many people if they knew anyone from this union. I lease a medallion 24/7 and I work both airports every day, but no, all who I have asked about this except two drivers say the never heard of this Mike Foulks.

Some say they see this forum but it is mostly so people can let out their frustrations on each other. Driving is very hard in any city I know. So this forum is for people who must scream from time to time. I understand this. It is better this way than to say or do something in public and get in trouble with complaints. It is like therapy. One said to come to cabmarket forum. This is how I find you.

I am also very interested in other organizations I have noticed here are UTCC, AUPD, CPTDA, TWOP and The Taxi Brotherhood. Of all of these, the UTCC seems to be the most active and real driver-interest union, even though the president of the CCO seems to dislike them the most.

This I do not understand. In one example, Mr. Mike says that a cab union must be 100% Chicago drivers only and no outsiders may participate or help to organize drivers, form a union and take care of business to benefit the union members. He says this why he does not like the others, because of outsides interference.

To me, this is like saying that if I am is bleeding, only another driver may provide medical help. No doctors, nurses or emergency medical paramedics are allowed. I have heard of a sect of Christians that do not allow medical practitioners of any kind because they believe that God will help their sick and infirm and providing medical assistance would be interfering in God's plan. Maybe it is the people who promote this idea that only Chicago drivers are allowed to make a union also practice their faith of this Christian sect.

Many drivers I hear say that the UTCC is doing the most active working for drivers to get together. They say AUPD coordinated the strike last year but that is all they know of this union. Their president is a very brave and strong lady like Ms. Desai of the New York union. Many would join this union with a happy heart if they had place for drivers who just wish to participate in membership activities and pay dues.

I also hear members of AUPD and CPTDA join together with TWOP to make a UTCC. This is very democratic because many voices and interests are together to speak as one.

I also hear my brothers and sisters of the Chicago Council of Islamic Organizations and also the American Friends Service Committee has provide some support to UTCC. I have great respect for these great communities. They are our defenders of religious, social and human rights activities. I think that most ones hear of them respect and support these good people who do so much good in this world. How can they be bad for drivers? There is no reason for this.

The CPTDA I hear is good. Drivers who know about them say they are working on international network and forum for drivers to share ideas, strategies and action planning. They want network from many professions who can help drivers and the taxi industry such as lawyers, insurance, consumer activists, government watch dogs, auto and taxi equipment engineering and especially for driver’s safety and security.

Respectfully to all,
Dennis

Re: Mr. Tehrani, don't be fooled by Mike Foulks' appearances

Mike is not one of those "small groups of people who are politically active in trying to make driving a cab in Chicago fairer for the cabdriver."

He is just a guy who pretends that he was elected president of an organization that does not exist. Here is a sample of what other contributors think about Mr. Foulks and his crazy claims.

Subject: Re: Don't be fooled by appearances.
Name: Msaked On-Line Ranger
Date Posted: Sep 5, 08 - 11:24 AM
Don't be fooled by appearances?

Like this B U L L S * * *:

"Mike Foulks, President, Chicago Cabdriver Organization (CCO)"

Subject: Re: Re: Don't be fooled by appearances.
Name: Christopher
Date Posted: Sep 5, 08 - 8:28 PM
In other words like Mike is our president.

How about these words: President of Chicago Cabdriver Organization of one.

Foulks says "There are about 100 members of the CCO." (The CCO is the imaginary group he claims elected him presdient.)

Mr. Tehrani, don't be fooled by Wolf Weiss' fake names.

He's pretending that several "other contributors" agree with him. It's a pathetic tactic of his.

He's most likely "MOLR, Masked On-Line Ranger". (Among DOZENS of other fake names.)

"Christopher" could easily be him as well. I suspect that it could possibly be another frequent "contributor" here who posts under several fake names as well.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mike is not one of those "small groups of people who are politically active in trying to make driving a cab in Chicago fairer for the cabdriver."

He is just a guy who pretends that he was elected president of an organization that does not exist. Here is a sample of what other contributors think about Mr. Foulks and his crazy claims.

Foulks says "There are about 100 members of the CCO." (The CCO is the imaginary group he claims elected him presdient.)

Re: Mr. Tehrani, don't be fooled by Mad Mike Foulks' fake title and fake group

And let us not forget Mad Mike FOulks uses a fake title ("president") and a fake group ("cc0") and exists just to dis the real groups and their members.

Replying to:

He's pretending that several "other contributors" agree with him. It's a pathetic tactic of his.

He's most likely "MOLR, Masked On-Line Ranger". (Among DOZENS of other fake names.)

"Christopher" could easily be him as well. I suspect that it could possibly be another frequent "contributor" here who posts under several fake names as well.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

What "real group" have I "dissed"? Who are their "members"?

Mr. Weiss,

What "real group" have I "dissed" and how, exactly? Who are their "members"?

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

And let us not forget Mad Mike FOulks uses a fake title ("president") and a fake group ("cc0") and exists just to dis the real groups and their members.

Replying to:

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Re: What "real group" have I "dissed"? Who are their "members"?

mike foulks wouldn't know a real group if it came up and bit him in the A**. i wouldn't follow him into the bathroooooooooom.

(and he doesn't know how to use quotation marks either. he doesn't know that when you use them, you negate the meaning of the phrase inside the marks. sshhhhhhhh-don't tell him, it makes his posts that much more amusing)

Re: What "real group" have I "dissed"? Who are their "members"?

Mr. Foulks,

If you don't know who, what, where, when, how and why, you are a very very sad case.

Replying to:

Mr. Weiss,

What "real group" have I "dissed" and how, exactly? Who are their "members"?

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Replying to:

-Mike Foulks

Replying to: