General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: fight back to end credit card use ignorance

you are not illegally forced to take credit cards.

that's baloney. show me the law that says it is illegal.

why would any driver let a customer walk away without having the credit card approval number?

without the approval number, there is no transaction, no sale and no payment due.

do you let cash customers walk away without getting cash?

would you wait to go to the office to see if you have cash payment coming?

if you can not get an approval number 24/7 either through the GPS Mobile Knowledge system or on the telephone by calling your dispatcher or cab company office, you can not - repeat, can not - accept a credit card because you have no way of verifying that the card is accepted or declined.

there is no9 law that says you have to risk loosing out because the card is no good.

the requirement that you accept credit card does not mean you have to let people walk away without having the charge approved by the credit card company.

the requirement that you have to accept credit cards is ionly enforceable if you have the system and the facility to process the transaction.

any driver who does not understand this simple concept should turn in his chauffeur license and get a job in a McDonalds or 7-11 or go back to kindergarden.

quit wasting your time on this useless issue that you will never, never, never win and wise up, take the card, get an approval number before the customer leaves; don't give back the card until you have the credit card approval number.

if your cab company does not have a system and facilities to process the card while the customer waits in your cab, then you can not take credit cards. get it?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

we are being illegally forced to accept cards which sometimes result in lose of the entire fare money after the cards get declined at cashier registration and also the 5% we get ripped off every time we cash those card receipts.

Even many stores don't accept cards as payment and those who do require minimum purchase of like $10 to 20$ but we are being forced illegally to accept cards without minimum fare ride and without any restrictions. Is this fair? Why they make law for cab drivers babout credit cards and not all stores?

We are being issued parking ticket for stopping at street to process the credit card transaction also.
Is this fair?

The only solution is to file a lawsuit againt the Department of Consumer Services and win to overthrow this rule of credit card requirement.

This ordinance is not working and it is a big loss for cab drivers, taking credit card is a huge risks for drivers as explained above.
I and many drivers have lost hundreds of dollars by accepting these cards. Losing entire money for declined cards at company cashier and 5% each time to process and parking ticket for stopping at street to process card transaction are something we can't take any more.
pls lets talk about filing lawsuit over this!
this is a very serious issue for us.
Thank you

Re: Re: fight back to end credit card use. 3 reasons cards are bad for cabbies

Who said we don't get aproval number before we let credit card users walk away?
See, that's why I have been saying on this forum many times to work to solve problems not to give cheapshots at others.
I said cabbies hate credit cards because 1, we are being ripeed off 5% of the money every time we cash it.
2, When we cash the card reciepts at company cashier system, the card gets declined and thus we lose the entire fare money. So, you got the approvel number but still when cashing it, it's gone. The card can get declined due to reasons like customer calling to cancel the card or maxing out the card purchase limit.
3, card process takes longer than cash and we are sometimes issued tickets by cops or traffic aids for parking or blocking roadways.

I have seen and know many drivers being ripped off 5% of the fare money by accepting cards. I and many drivers have lost hundreds of dollars when the card get declined at company cashier registration office.

that's why you should drop the city and start driving the suburbs

Less hectic, less hours and more money. It usually takes a city cab about 12 hours what suburban cabs gross in 8.

Re: Re: Re: fight back to end credit card use. 3 reasons cards are bad for cabbies

I wish we can beat the city. Daley, And, Reyes have to many lawerys and the city against us. If, Daley, And, Reyes drop dead. It will be cash cab only in Chicago. DCS needs to go and we will union cabs.

If you want to fight back, there is always the opportunity to seek redress in the courts

The courts are the place to seek redress. If you think the law forcing you to accept credit cards is unconstitutional, challenge it.

Quit your beefing - do something.

Re: If you want to fight back, there is always the opportunity to seek redress in the courts

Lawerys cost to much dam money to fight the city.

Lawyers willing to work for nothing don't cost too much

Some people have the impression lawyers cost too much to fight the City. But some lawyers are willing to fight the City without being paid a dime. I know one who is willing to take up the sword for absolutely nothing as long as the filing fees are paid.

You get what you pay for. Lawyer Donald Nathan is worthless.

I wouldn't waste a single dollar, not even for a "filing fee", on this old fart.

To quote Steve Wiedersberg, "If Donald Nathan represents you in Traffic Court, you could end up on Death Row."

Or, were you referring to a lawyer other than yourself, Mr. Nathan?

That is the best advice you could possibly give.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Some people have the impression lawyers cost too much to fight the City. But some lawyers are willing to fight the City without being paid a dime. I know one who is willing to take up the sword for absolutely nothing as long as the filing fees are paid.

Re: You get what you deserved.

I think that you should quote what your own mother said to you.

Does she believe that you were wrongfully convicted?

May be you should be thankful for your own lawyers. Have you paid them anything?

None of this is public record or anybody's business other than the parties involved.

None of this is public record or anybody's business other than the parties involved.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

I think that you should quote what your own mother said to you.

Does she believe that you were wrongfully convicted?

May be you should be thankful for your own lawyers. Have you paid them anything?

Re: You are what you eat

Mad Mike Foulks believes money talks, boolla sheeta walks.

Mad Mike Foulks does a lot of walking, especially with his anarchist friends on Michigan Avenue.

Replying to:

I wouldn't waste a single dollar, not even for a "filing fee", on this old fart.

To quote Steve Wiedersberg, "If Donald Nathan represents you in Traffic Court, you could end up on Death Row."

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

I don't have "anarchist" friends.

Money can "talk", and BS usually walks.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mad Mike Foulks does a lot of walking, especially with his anarchist friends on Michigan Avenue.

Replying to:

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Re: I don't have "anarchist" friends.

mike has anarchist friends. he said so before. now he lies and denies it. gorge, delete this post please.

Re: Re: I don't have "anarchist" friends.

When did I ever say I had "anarchist friends"?

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

mike has anarchist friends. he said so before. now he lies and denies it. gorge, delete this post please.

Re: I don't have "anarchist" friends.

so what. nobody does. stupid. anarchists don't have friends. they wouldn't be anarchists. at least don can represent mike in court. mike could misrepresent anyone anywhere.

Replying to:

Money can "talk", and BS usually walks.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Replying to:

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

I'll say it again - the only place to win results is in the courts

You aren't going to beat the City beating each other up. I'm making the suggestion to go to court to get results because I know that works. Whether it's me pulling the sled or someone or some several others doing it doesn't matter. It just needs to be done.

My own opinion is that the infighting needs to stop and the action in court needs to start. Somebody needs to take action. Or some several people need to. And this is a good enough issue to research and pursue.

We are already doing so, Mr. Nathan.

We are already doing so, Mr. Nathan. Stay out of our business.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

You aren't going to beat the City beating each other up. I'm making the suggestion to go to court to get results because I know that works. Whether it's me pulling the sled or someone or some several others doing it doesn't matter. It just needs to be done.

My own opinion is that the infighting needs to stop and the action in court needs to start. Somebody needs to take action. Or some several people need to. And this is a good enough issue to research and pursue.

GREAT!!! Pray tell - Who is the Lead Plaintiff? What is the suit number?

If a lawsuit is now pending, just give us the suit number. We can track it on the Internet. There is no need to ask you for details. Just the name of the lead plaintiff is likely going to be enough.

Of course, if you refuse to reveal such details, we are going to wonder if you are a liar. We all would have reason to assume you are just BS-ing. So please come forward with the truth.

All of the taxi industry wishes you and anyone else taking a poke at the City well in efforts you may be undertaking. I'm at the head of the line. I mean it. I almost don't care what the issues are. They deserve it, whatever it is.

Donald Nathan

Re: GREAT!!! Pray tell - Who else does Foulks want to see "Just hurry up and die already."

"Just hurry up and die already." Weiss?

"Just hurry up and die already." Nathan?

"Just hurry up and die already." Tang?

"Just hurry up and die already." Enger?

"Just hurry up and die already." Kim?

"Just hurry up and die already." Sampat?

"Just hurry up and die already." Kahn?

"Just hurry up and die already." Santucci?

"Just hurry up and die already." Khozindar?

"Just hurry up and die already." Florence?

"Just hurry up and die already." Kapoor?

"Just hurry up and die already." Qureshi?

"Just hurry up and die already." Dahir?

"Just hurry up and die already." Nelson?

"Just hurry up and die already." Rose?

"Just hurry up and die already." Sayed?

"Just hurry up and die already." Raza?

"Just hurry up and die already." Shen?

"Just hurry up and die already." Ludke?

"Just hurry up and die already." Jonas?

"Just hurry up and die already." Ghoreishi

"Just hurry up and die already." Shalom?

"Just hurry up and die already." Hannes?

"Just hurry up and die already." Hoyer?

"Just hurry up and die already." Lutfallah?

"Just hurry up and die already." Bullington?

"Just hurry up and die already." Budzinski?

Re: GREAT!!! Pray tell - Who is the Lead Plaintiff? What is the suit number?

The ancient Masters were profound and subtle.
Their wisdom was unfathomable.
There is no way to describe it;
all we can describe is their appearance.

They were careful
as someone crossing an iced-over stream.
Alert as a warrior in enemy territory.
Courteous as a guest.
Fluid as melting ice.
Shapable as a block of wood.
Receptive as a valley.
Clear as a glass of water.

Do you have the patience to wait
till your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving
till the right action arises by itself?