General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Your basic premise is false George.

I did not see this post before.

Thanks Charlie. You took the words right out of my mouth. Now Mad Mike thinks I have more names (or are they personalities?????) them "hair" Medusa's head.

_Wolf Weiss
-President, Chicago Professional TAXICAB DRIVERS' Association

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

You presuppose that I or the CPTDA was organized to lead the cab drivers to who-knows-what.

I have never made such a claim or implied that I or CPTDA are ready to take onta leadership role.

Did you really forget or are you just pretending to have forgotten what you published in the Dispatcher about the CPTDA?

Try to find that particular issue and see if it says I the CPTDA is here to take over the cab organizing activity.

So you take a false premise and then you claim I have not fulfilled my role as a leader.

What's your point, that you don't know how to reason?

Re: Ted, Steve's name that he founded has always been his

I believe the point that is being made here, Ted, is that Mr. Wiedersberg has always had the name to use or not use as he wishes.

If there is a an problem with the similarities in the names, this matter should be taken up by the parties in question, not by outsiders like our Mr. Foulks, who only chimes in so that he can dirty and besmirch his favorite victims.

Mr. Foulks has problems, serious problems, not the least of which are his abject failure to come to terms with the course of his life, to accept the facts of his life as they stand and thus gain the strength and wisdom to move on with his liofe and make something of himself.

While he has espoused Christina beliefs and values, he has not taken them to heart and repented for his own sins. He has chosen to cast stones on this forum instead of finding within himself the prerequisite remorse that must come before he can attain forgiveness.

Thus he hides behind his righteous indignation and adamant zeal to avoid recognition of his wrongdoings and thereby resists remorse and rejects forgiveness.

But i have digressed. On point:

Keep in mind, two of the founders of the CPTDA were members of the CPTCDA and they had the right to re-incorporated CPTCDA or start a new organization, with a new name, which they did, thus leaving the old name alone.

This does not mean they have engaged in a fraud or theft, as Mr. Foulks seems to think.

No one can ever take away something that truly belongs to another.

Re: Wolf, Steve wants the name he founded back

Ted, Steve W. took time off from being "involved" and also let the corporation dissolve. He didn't pay the required fees. No one "twisted" his arm. He is the one that quit. Now he complains about not having his place saved for him. This isn't right. He just didn't fumble the ball, he left it on the ground for anyone to take. Steve W. is the guy that needs to start over. Perhaps Mike or Wolfgang would like his help. Steve W. is in no position to ask Wolfgang to step aside because he feels the itch again.

With the above being said, Steve is a good guy that has done some good work. Some of the other work he did wasn't as nice or effective. Remember when he gave a valentine present for Shoenberger? He looked like a fool on TV. I thank him for getting tougher laws passed. Perhaps Weidersburg is more effective behind the scenes than in the public eye. He should consider trying to work with Wolfgang, not to ask Wolf to give him the name.

One last thought: When are you going to declare for the CCO election? You are a class act that can do good. Your clean record would make the organization respectable. Please consider this!

Re: Re: Wolf, Steve wants the name he founded back

I will give this alot of thought.

Re: Re: Re: Wolf, Steve wants the name he founded back

A big Thank You to Ted B. The leader is the one who appears in public and gives his/her name. A fellow with a felony record would give all of us a black eye in the press.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Will The Real Clowns Please Stand Up?

Who are the clowns?

The people who have:

1) mis-spelled
2) mis-pronounced
3) mis-understood and
4) mis-taken

the real name of the former organization known as the Chicago Professional Taxi Cab Drivers (or is it Driver?) Association.

The public record lists both pgroups, one is dissolved the other is in good standing.

The old group was not authorized to use any other name so just because almost everybody under the sun has been screwing up the name ever since it was announced, maybe there is something inherently wrong with the name itself. I have seen both versions in the papers ascribed to both Steve and Wolf.

From a marketing or public relations standpoint it is an absolute fiasco.

But the fiasco does not reside int he name or incoreect usage and spelling, the fiasco is that you idiots keep fighting over silly and petty issues instad of addressing the real problems.

Mike has opined (wrongfully) that it is due to a apathy among drivers that we are not organized. But the truth we do not have areal leader.

Mike and George cling to outmoded, 19th and 20th century ideals of organizing as some sort of union.

Mike even claims he has an in-depth background in unionization becuase he once visited the basement of the Teasters Union!

That is almost as good as his claim to have "marched" along Michigan Avenue with a "group" of "anarchists." Of course, this means he took a very lonely walk on the Mag Mile.

Masked On-Line Ranger
Out to unmask the flakes and the fakes, reveal the bold-faced bull, disclose the turn-your-balls-blue cold, hard facts and expose the naked truth because it is good for you!)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Will The Real Clowns Please Stand Up?

Mr. Mike and Mr. George do not have what it takes to organize or lead a group, especially not one that brings in at least half of all licensed full-time chauffeurs - real muscle, the kind the city will respect sand listen to.

Al they do is waste their talents on calling people names and disrespecting them on this forum. I have never seen anything like this except in a school yard when the children misbehave.

They question Mr. Wolf and his group to take away from attention to their own failures and mistakes as if it was Mr. Wolf's fault that Mr. Mike and Mr. George cannot do anything to get drivers organized. They just do not have the leadership qualities it takes.

Nobody in Chicago has the qualities it takes to organize and lead the drivers.

I have read numerous books and articles about the American labor movements and workers' unions, and it takes a very special person with real leadership qualities. Sorry Mr. Mike, your out. Sorry Mr. George, you're out too.

If you really want to fight City Hall, you need someone like the Mayor himself. There is no one known in the taxi business that can equal the qualities and abilities Mr. Daley.

Mr. Mike is not the right man. He is a flunky ex-con. If his record was because of union activity then we could follow him. But his criminal record is because he threatened to kill someone. He is not a leader he is an anchor who will hold us back.

Mr. George is not the right man. He is not even a good newspaper man. He uses his paper as sword against the people he does not like. He lets Mr. Mike say anything he wants, no matter how bad and wrong, but be blocks others and removes their posts if he does not like them or what they have to say.

He wants Mr. Wolf to do the right thing. But Mr. George's behavior tells us he does not know himself what the right thing is in the first place. He says Mr. Wolf has failed in his leadership role. But Mr. Wolf has never claimed to be the leader. He has said he wants to help drivers help themselves. Mr. Wolf has said that is what his group mission is - to help drivers help themselves.

All they can do is cry and moan about the problems.

If you follow either of these two guys, you will end up with nothing, or may be less than what you had before.

-montezooma

Replying to:

Who are the clowns?

The people who have:

1) mis-spelled
2) mis-pronounced
3) mis-understood and
4) mis-taken

the real name of the former organization known as the Chicago Professional Taxi Cab Drivers (or is it Driver?) Association.

The public record lists both pgroups, one is dissolved the other is in good standing.

The old group was not authorized to use any other name so just because almost everybody under the sun has been screwing up the name ever since it was announced, maybe there is something inherently wrong with the name itself. I have seen both versions in the papers ascribed to both Steve and Wolf.

But the fiasco does not reside int he name or incoreect usage and spelling, the fiasco is that you idiots keep fighting over silly and petty issues instad of addressing the real problems.

Mike has opined (wrongfully) that it is due to a apathy among drivers that we are not organized. But the truth we do not have areal leader.

Mike and George cling to outmoded, 19th and 20th century ideals of organizing as some sort of union.

Mike even claims he has an in-depth background in unionization becuase he once visited the basement of the Teasters Union!

That is almost as good as his claim to have "marched" along Michigan Avenue with a "group" of "anarchists." Of course, this means he took a very lonely walk on the Mag Mile.

Masked On-Line Ranger
Out to unmask the flakes and the fakes, reveal the bold-faced bull, disclose the turn-your-balls-blue cold, hard facts and expose the naked truth because it is good for you!)

Threatening to kill someone isn't a time-honored "union activity"? My bad.

I guess I'll quit trying to organize cabdrivers.

Maybe there's a spot open on the Girl Scouts' "cookie-marketing team".

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

Mr. Mike and Mr. George do not have what it takes to organize or lead a group, especially not one that brings in at least half of all licensed full-time chauffeurs - real muscle, the kind the city will respect sand listen to.

Al they do is waste their talents on calling people names and disrespecting them on this forum. I have never seen anything like this except in a school yard when the children misbehave.

They question Mr. Wolf and his group to take away from attention to their own failures and mistakes as if it was Mr. Wolf's fault that Mr. Mike and Mr. George cannot do anything to get drivers organized. They just do not have the leadership qualities it takes.

I have read numerous books and articles about the American labor movements and workers' unions, and it takes a very special person with real leadership qualities. Sorry Mr. Mike, your out. Sorry Mr. George, you're out too.

If you really want to fight City Hall, you need someone like the Mayor himself. There is no one known in the taxi business that can equal the qualities and abilities Mr. Daley.

Mr. Mike is not the right man. He is a flunky ex-con. If his record was because of union activity then we could follow him. But his criminal record is because he threatened to kill someone. He is not a leader he is an anchor who will hold us back.

Mr. George is not the right man. He is not even a good newspaper man. He uses his paper as sword against the people he does not like. He lets Mr. Mike say anything he wants, no matter how bad and wrong, but be blocks others and removes their posts if he does not like them or what they have to say.

He wants Mr. Wolf to do the right thing. But Mr. George's behavior tells us he does not know himself what the right thing is in the first place. He says Mr. Wolf has failed in his leadership role. But Mr. Wolf has never claimed to be the leader. He has said he wants to help drivers help themselves. Mr. Wolf has said that is what his group mission is - to help drivers help themselves.

If you follow either of these two guys, you will end up with nothing, or may be less than what you had before.

-montezooma

Replying to:

Who are the clowns?

The people who have:

1) mis-spelled
2) mis-pronounced
3) mis-understood and
4) mis-taken

Masked On-Line Ranger

Re: Threatening to kill someone isn't a time-honored "union activity"? My bad.

As you now, it also a crime to do so:

Subject: "Just hurry up and die already."
Name: "Just hurry up and die already."
Date Posted: Sep 11, 08 - 8:51 AM
"Just hurry up and die already."

Replying to:

I guess I'll quit trying to organize cabdrivers.

Maybe there's a spot open on the Girl Scouts' "cookie-marketing team".

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

-montezooma

Replying to:

Who are the clowns?

The people who have:

1) mis-spelled
2) mis-pronounced
3) mis-understood and
4) mis-taken

Masked On-Line Ranger