General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
what will u do to defend urself against crimes by passengers?

Crimes like abuse, beatings and bullying against cab drivers are on the rise and there is hardly anyoneelse other than ourselves when it comes to defending ourselves.

I see cabbies beaing beaten by passengers very often on road. what you do when some rude, racist or abusive passenger threatens to beat you or actually hits you? You will say please don't hit me or let him hit you and call the police after the criminal passenger is gone? Sadly that seems to be the case for many cabbies. The cops take over half an hour to arrive and you have already suffered the beatings or insultings. What I do when someone is unruly, abusive is pull over the cab on a side and order them out of the cab. I don't give a **** about their frivilous complaints to consumer service department cos I never want to deal with very abusive or unruly passengers.

Cabbies have the right to defend themselves against beatings or abusive treatment. If someone comes to hit me, I will do something before I get hurt not after I get hurt.
With no protection for cabbies from the City and many people using fake credit cards, It's time we wise up!

Re: what will u do to defend urself against crimes by passengers?

Hi Concerned. I agree that cabdrivers shouldn't have to suffer abuses from passengers. You wrote, "I don't give a **** about their frivilous complaints to consumer service department cos I never want to deal with very abusive or unruly passengers."

That's another benefit security cameras could add. A passenger would think twice about abusing a taxi driver if he or she knew a camera was taping everything. Also, how likely do you think a passenger would file a claim if he or she knew there was footage of his or her own behavior?

George

Re: Re: what will u do to defend urself against crimes by passengers?

abusive passengers and bad drunks,get them out of your cab as fast as possible,turn off meter make up excuse!!!

Re: Re: Re: what will u do to defend urself against crimes by passengers?

if i am about to get hit, or being very badly abused, i will take action on the spot.

crimes against cabbies are unwatched and sileinced by the city and officials. can't take it.

i saw 3 drivers geting beaten on road just last month.

Re: Re: Re: Re: what will u do to defend urself against crimes by passengers?

be professional, dont make u turns or run red light just cos the customers orders you to. kick out rude and abusive passengers. if you are to get hit, defend urself.

Re: Re: what will u do to defend urself against crimes by passengers?

george lutfallah has all the answers. you should listen to him. and he says knock it off. so knock it off.