General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: good deal

cannot blame you for that but dont spend your money to fast ups can be tuff.

kind of sad and kind of happy. Time to move on

Hey Rob thanks for advice on that. I put some in bank, some into a savings bond, and some into a ira account. I was kind sad on getting rid of it. Because, My dad left to me in his Will. When be passed 8 year ago. I just not fed for this job. I have been driving a cab for 8 years. Every year the city comes up with something new. The City of Chicago is evil to use cabdrivers. I can't fight the city. I will be just wasting my time and they are in charge not me. Good bless all you hard working cabdrivers out there.

Re: kind of sad and kind of happy. Time to move on

Hi Dan,

I was driving a cab here in Chicago for 21 years and I'm not giving up. There is strenght in unity. We out number consumer services. If we all go together as a group to consumer services, we can demand a fare increase and they won't say no if they see they're out numbered. That will put a scare into them.

thanks for your advice

Good luck my friend. I still kept my chauffer licences for back job. If, the ups doesn't work out. I will go back and this time rent a taxi. I think, It will fine for me.

Neither Mr. Lutfallah nor Ms. Callahan have asked to be placed on any ballot.

Neither Mr. Lutfallah nor Ms. Callahan have asked to be placed on any ballot.

To be clear: Ms. Callahan received 2 write-in votes in the first CCO election.

Mr. Lutfallah didn't receive any votes. He wasn't on the ballot either.

-Mike Foulks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

please put melissa on the ballot, mike. you might get more turnout that way.

Re: Neither Mr. Lutfallah nor Ms. Callahan have asked to be placed on any ballot.

"Just hurry up and die already."

Re: Neither Mr. Lutfallah nor Ms. Callahan have asked to be placed on any ballot.

This time there will be qualified people in the running. The first order of new business at the New CCO meeting will be to clense the membership of felons.

Cleansing the CCO membership of felons...

"Fatlu Hall",

Do you have a copy of the CCO Articles of Organization?

I can send you a copy if you like. You should study them if you are serious about running in the next CCO election.

I don't think that a felon who has been elected to leadership could be legally removed by other leadership. Nor would it be wise to do so in any event. Such discriminatory purges simply create a "Survivor"-type situation where the odd-man out is forced to disappear until there are only a few Indians left.

However, I think that the elected leadership could, in fact, remove felons from the membership.

This problem with your goal of doing so lies in the fact that such a barrier to membership would likely nullify the CCO to ever become legally recognized as a negiotator or "union" for Chicago cabdrivers.

You couldn't have the Teamsters prevent a truck driver who happens to be a felon from voting for the leadership of the union and then have him subject to the contract that the union negotiates (or even pay dues).

My sincere suggestion is that you focus on a particular issue that you feel represents the want of a significant portion of the electorate. Enough to get you elected anyhow.

I don't think that many Chicago cabdrivers care if felons are part of the CCO or not. It doesn't seem to be a wide-spread problem. They can vote them in or vote them out as they please.

You might realize how unpopular trying to remove a popularly-elected official by fiat is, hopefully sooner than later.

Nobody likes their vote nullified or technically ignored by the opposition. Watch what happens in Michigan and Florida this Presidential Election.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

This time there will be qualified people in the running. The first order of new business at the New CCO meeting will be to clense the membership of felons.

Re: Cleansing the CCO membership of felons...

please mike, you make a joke of yourself. the cco has no members as you said already. no one come to meetings no one in officer position. so why do you keep this joke going. better to give up already or let another people have it. it is no good for you or other cabdrivers.

jimmy

Re: Re: Cleansing the CCO membership of felons...

Jimmy, Remember the nice letter Mike wrote to the Tribune this summer. Kind of like the good Rex, Mike looked good for a moment. However, most of the time Mike is like the bad Rex. The one that throws the ball away. We don't need someone like this.

My real complaint is the way he signed the letter. It was made to look like he represented ALL of us drivers. How many of us are there really? Active? Semi-Active? 10,000? If he had signed Mike Foulks President of the Chicago Cab drivers Organization of one, I wouldn't complain. Trouble is that he left the "of one" out. Mike is a liability we can't afford.

The CCO is no joke; it has members who have voted. The only official left is me.

"jimmy",

The CCO is no joke; it has members who have voted. The only official left is me.

CCO members aren't required to come to meetings (or even vote, fot that matter).

I am not preventing anyone from "having at it".

The only thing that the CCO elections prove is how much support any particular individual or group has amongst current Chicago cabdrivers, which is to say, nobody has anywhere near enough or what some imagine in their wildest delusions.

In the long run, leaders will either "get real" and demonstrate their support through an open election or current Chicago cabdrivers will prove that they, as a group, simply aren't interested.

There will be no successful "union" without around 50% of current Chicago cabdrivers participating in a elective process. Period.

I am quite comfortable with however many cabdrivers participate in this third CCO election. I don't have much to be ashamed of, nor "regrets".

Politics and organizing activism is a continual process; the trick is to pace yourself and not "burn out".

The problems of anybody's world never truly go away; they just become different problems.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

please mike, you make a joke of yourself. the cco has no members as you said already. no one come to meetings no one in officer position. so why do you keep this joke going. better to give up already or let another people have it. it is no good for you or other cabdrivers.

jimmy

Re: Cleansing the CCO membership of felons...

However, I think that the elected leadership could, in fact, remove felons from the membership- Mike Foulks.

This being said, I would have to believe the new leadership will do it. Once progress in this battle against the city is made, the city would be sure to bring up the felons in the organization to try to bring the organizations credibility into question. The New CCO will not be able to take a chance with this kind of people. I don't think the city hires people with felonies to certain positions either. The judge in Rolling Meadows branded you sir.

How exactly would having felons allow the City to question our "credibility"?

"Fatlu Hall",

How exactly would having felons allow the City to question our "credibility"?

You are arguing something so abstract that your intended meaning isn't very clear.

"Credibility" as to what?

If the cabdrivers who are felons can't vote in their union, then the union might not be legitimate.

If the a cabdriver who happens to be a felon is elected but then "removed", the same problems of legitimacy would erupt.

It seems that what you want is a "social club", "Fatlu Hall".

The CCO isn't a "social club". It is open to every current Chicago cabdriver who wants to join - felon or otherwise.

You would need almost the entire contemplated elected leadership to agree with you.

I don't think that this is a "popular issue" among our fellow cabdrivers. They don't really care about this even half as much as they do about Mr. Budzynski's boycott of the food stand at O'Hare.

A Class 4 felony conviction for "telephone harassment" has got to be one of the least serious Class 4 felonies there is.

A Class 4 felony in of itself is in the least serious category of felonies.

I can't imagine a less serious crime that is a Class 4 felony than telephone harassment...can you?

As to the "judge in Rolling Meadows branding (me)", I am not that concerned about an incompetent and corrupted judge of the Cook County judiciary wrongfully convicting me. This sort of thing is a real problem in our neck of the woods.

This is the same judge who placed a sane man into Mental Health Probation without an examination, after violating many other rules of proper procedure.

I won't be a convicted felon forever, I'm sure.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

However, I think that the elected leadership could, in fact, remove felons from the membership- Mike Foulks.

This being said, I would have to believe the new leadership will do it. Once progress in this battle against the city is made, the city would be sure to bring up the felons in the organization to try to bring the organizations credibility into question. The New CCO will not be able to take a chance with this kind of people. I don't think the city hires people with felonies to certain positions either. The judge in Rolling Meadows branded you sir.