General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Some partially informed answers to felon foulks' inquiries

Because Peter Enger has been banned from the Lutfallah so-called "Forum", and because the topic is of unusual interest, I feel it important enough to pen something of a response to the inquiries of the felon, foulks.

Insofar as I am without personal knowledge as to many of the facts, I am limiting responses to the extent of the detail I do have available.

The UTCC is a Not-For-Profit Corporation registered with the Secretary of State of the State of Illinois. All details of its incorporation and identities of its officers can be obtained by ANYONE by going to the Internet website of the Secretary of State ("Cyberdrive" is what it's called). Just insert the name of the UTCC, and the entire chart comes up with the date of its incorporation, registered agent, officers, etc.

Laws relating to Not-For-Profit Corporations are hardly secret. In fact, anyone can look them up anytime at all. The UTCC has followed the requirements of those laws to the letter to elect its officers including the ones identified in the S.O.S. web information site. It is suggested that reference be made to the Illinois Compiled Statutes for guidance as to the laws that do apply. There's nothing classified about the law.

Relative to the question of what the "backgrounds of any other officers, advisers (sic), or 'allies' of the UTCC..." may be, it is impossible to understand what it is you are seeking in your querry. What do you mean by "backgrounds"? Are you asking what countries they are from? Do you want to know their ethnicities? Their religions, if any? Are you asking what professions they may have had over the years? Do you seek "Curriculum Vitae"? Gee, pal, that kind of answer could go on for hundreds of pages. I think it unreasonable for a felon to be expecting that kind of indulgence. And I don't even think anyone in the taxi industry gives a rat's patootie about such things either.

Like who cares?

The one thing I can tell you for blessed well sure is that no one associated with the UTCC by blood or affinity has a felony background like you.

As for your question #7, it presumes that there was some sort of "abandonment" by Enger and Kim. The question as posed is an unfair one. It's a bit like asking a guy: "How often do you beat your wife?" out of the blue on the witness stand. A judge would find you in contempt for doing something like that.

The answer to your question #8, however, is an emphatic NO to the extent of my knowledge.

If you wish to find out about UTCC elections or its membership, you should make a point of coming to one of its general membership meetings that are held on a monthly basis. All of these are open to the public. You have been invited before, and you could easily educate yourself by coming to one in the immediate future. I expect there will be one next Sunday or the one following - watch for announcements.

In respect to your question #11, the person to comment on this issue is Fayez Khozindar, however, I seriously doubt he is going to engage you on this website. You are strongly urged to come to a UTCC meeting and discuss the issue with him. The man is exquisitely articulate in English and French - and I expect he is also equally articulate in his native Arabic although I do not speak that language; he is a true gentleman. I even say it behind his back.

Your question #12 is one I recall you discussing with me live over a year ago. I have a memory of your goal to personally profit from such a program somehow, but I cannot recall the nature of your scheme - nor do I particularly care about it. Enger is not in a position to comment on it right now. My feeling is that it could turn into a boondogle for some enterprising young felon who can pull the wool over the eyes of the DCS and who has the backing of a certain newspaperman and maybe a labor lawyer hired for $20,000 of cabdriver retainer money. But that's just my opinion.

In respect to a requirement by the City that cabdrivers accept credit cards? I suppose you'd feel that under Home Rule power the City has the right to legislate that requirement the same way it has the right to legislate a gas surcharge and all the other parts of the ordinance being challenged by The Magnificent Seven. Of course, if The Seven are wrong, and their lawsuit is frivolous, then any challenge to an ordinance requiring cabdrivers to accept credit cards would be frivolous too under your logic.

I think an ordinance requiring drivers to accept credit cards STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN. I think it unconstitutional, and I think it should be challenged. Is that clear enough?

My expectation is that if Enger were not banned from answering these questions, he would agree with me on the subject. He is not ashamed to respond to questions that deal with issues. Enger is a man of courage and strength who is ready to step up to the plate anytime to engage scum who might challenge him personally or as Secretary of the UTCC.

All the same, even though you might be a convicted felon who admitted his guilt in open court, you are raising issues here that need to be addressed by someone. Knowing Enger is not in a position to do so, I feel the compulsion to pick up the pen to do so at least briefly.

Donald Nathan