General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: How low can you go Fatlu?

Geoorge, I am not a member of the media. I do not have to be professional in print working as a taxi driver.

What defeat are you talking about here? Even your old outdated poll shows more than not thought a shield was an effective device.

Why would an unmarried newspaperman of 37 years want to "get closer" to his passengers other than to get the story or perhaps meet someone? I won't mention your own meltdown other than to say it gave the appearance of someone that didn't get what they wanted in a relationship and is still looking. This isn't a cheap shot, rather someones opinion that has been formed by observing you. Be thankful you were not arrested.

I said that the media has been known for taking quotes out of context to create something that isn't. Set up a poll for this comment. 99 percent will agree with me. Again, not a cheap shot at you or your newspaper brothers. Just the fact of the matter. The meltdown at MC's home made your struggles public. Your own polls backed my position that more than not think the shields are a good safety device. I hate wearing a seat belt but do so for safety. Same with a shield. You are in a favor of removing an effective device for an unproven one. One than offers no barrier for the desperate to attack. People that deal in cash are typically separated from the customers. Think ticket window, bank tellers, and many other kind of cashiers. We as drivers are cashiers as well. This is another reason the partition was/is required.

Do you know the history of partitions in Chicago taxi's? I saw Wolfgang Weiss at the Field about two weeks ago. He told me an interesting story that would be good material for your publication. You should ask him about it.

Another question that has been left unanswered: Are you still a weekly publication or have you gone back to a monthly format?

My taxi safety position is well defended and is in the majority. Saying a newspaper man or the media is known for taking quotes out of context isn't shameful or rediculous, its one of the most well known things about the media. Taking an excerpt of a full quote out and posting it was done in the media before any of us were born and it will continue well after both of us are dead. What's naive is pretending that it isn't common.

F.L. Hall

Re: Re: How low can you go Fatlu?

The is is another example of getting out of the fire before getting burned. When the going gets too hot, the man retreats.

Re: Re: Re: How low can you go Fatlu?

Nine days have passed. No response. Draw your own conclusions.

George avoids getting more burns.

I already have......

Re: George avoids getting more burns.

I have too. George can dish it but not take it.

Re: Re: George avoids getting more burns.

George does as George likes. What he doesn't realize is that we all expect more from him and naturally hold him to a high standard. Too bad his temper gets the best of him. I guess a loser just lies on the canvas rather than to get back up swinging.