General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Ask the city to end this unfair credit card ordinance!

The biggest problem that any organization faces in Chicago is your kind of thinking: Won't anybody do it for me? Cry Baby. Instead of wasting your time on this forum find out how you can do something. Signatures do not anount to a hill of beans around here unless you have serious backing like donations to the Democratic Party. The city is in control. Not UTCC or any other organization. Ask the city? They already told NO NO NO. You have to wait 4 ******* years to get a raise. Shut up and drive, you have no rights! You have less rights than a dog on the streets. Even the dogs have P.E.T.A. to protect them. Did you know that if every full time cab driver gave a buck a month, the mayor would come to US and ask US what HE can do for US?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ask the city to end this unfair credit card ordinance!

The end to credit card system should have been included in the petition for fare increase.

I am concerned about both high gas price and credit card rule not just high gas price.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ask the city to end this unfair credit card ordinance!

I agree it should of been include. I think we will have to wait for long time for daley and city hall to wake up and smell the coffee. That the cost of living is going up. Like gas, rent, bills, and food. They don't care in city hall. They get there big paychecks from are tickets and other fines we have to pay for no stupid reason in city of chicago. It is said Daley and city hall is hell with devils in it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ask the city to end this unfair credit card ordinance!

If, we are union? The DCS would not be in charge of us and we can have health insurance, benifets, a retirement plan, medicare, and social secutry, for us. Instead all we get is big problems with the city.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ask A JUDGE to take an unbiased look

Nice union dream.

Now wake up and smell the potential courses of action.

You might ask the court to rule whether or not a business enterpirse, even though it carries out its business in the public way, can be required to accept credit cards by the regulating authority.

Perhaps the line has to be drawn precisely, by case law and statute, where the regulating authority can impose and enforce a business practices regulation and where certain business practices must be left to the descretion of the business operator.

A more simple and easy method might be to lobby the approriate authorities, supported by 3,000 or more signatures.

Either way, if you got what it takes, you can do it.

Of course, you might be attracting criminals who intend to rob you if you are cash only cab. Next time a rider asks if you take credit cards be fore he gets in, think carefully before you answer.

it needs to be done soon

That is what cameras and shields are for. If, someone wants to rob me. He better make sure he kills me right away. In, chicago cabdrivers hardly get robbed or shot.I have camera and shield in my car. I am safe with it.

I ain't worried about the credit card law. No airports for me

I am independent cab. Not an affiction cab. I can't pick up at the airports because, I don't take credit cards in Chicago. Just the affiction cabs have to take credit cards. I talk to shelly and she told that. I know it sucks. I am happy for that.

Lucky Bart about credit cards

I own a taxi medallion for checker. My contract is ending on Oct 21. I will go indepented and not deal checker affilion no more. Then, I can't work the airports. I don't care about the airports. City is better for me.

Re: Lucky Bart about credit cards

card card ordinance sucks, it's waste of time and money for us.

Re: Re: Lucky Bart about credit cards

Do you know your own medallion? If, so? Go Independent and not be affilated with a company. It easy and better then that

I agree

I agree the credit card law sucks. That is just dumb rule.

Re: Tell me when you're ready to take court action

Don, Thought you were excommunicated here? Anyway, most drivers just want a minimum fare required to use a credit card. Perhaps a maximum wouldn't be a bad idea as well. I'd hate to take someone way out of the city only to find I'm burned. If say it was from 20-100 at least I could get cash up front on the really long runs. This would give me a good excuse to send the credit card through before leaving the city as well.

How's this for a lawsuit idea: Lets block the city from using the camera images for anything other than to apprehend an attacker. Anyone that thinks the city won't use the images against us isn't conscious. Civil rights violation?

Anyway, just some ideas from a street wise veteran to a real longtime veteran.

sorry, I can't beat the city

I know. If, I go the city and try to fight this law. I will be broke with an lawery. I know you can't beat the city. Lawerys, Judges, Daley, and his boys in city hall are all crooks. That is why. I sold my medallion last week and found another job working at Walmart in Crestwood Indiana. Now, I am also making living off the interests of 150,000 in my bank account. After, selling my medallion the other day.

Re: Ask the city to end this unfair credit card ordinance!

How does this Credit Card payment option work ?
From what Iam reading the passenger , when getting dropped off , gives you a receipt with some Credit Card info , the you take the receipt to your companies cashier to get the Money less Fees ??

If the card is declined it is basically just your loss ??

Isn't that credit card fraud ??

Couldn't you call the cashier and give them the information to see if it is accepted before they get out of the cab ??

And if it is declined you keep the passenger locked in the cab until payment is made or police are involved.

That sucks