General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
too many cabs. we need to stop new drivers

class at harold washington must end now. we dont need more and more new drivers and cabs, we need bit less cos we have just too many new drivers who are very incompetent, who don't know their way aroundwho keeps cabs dirty stinking with their smelly body, who drivers very aggresively and too fast and who puts their stupid little earphone or bluetooth on all the time and talk on phone even when their is a customer in back.

bussiness is already and it's just that we dont need too many more drivers and cabs. the city already looks like there are more cabs then private cars.

Re: too many cabs. we need to stop new drivers. I agree dude.

I know it sucks. That Harold Washington, DCS, And, Daley. Just wanting to get rich fast on the school, fines with the city all the time, and making are jobs more harder. When, will this crap end?

Re: Anybody work last night?

George,

I didn't work much Friday night. I got an O'Hare from Presidential Towers and a quick trip back to Foster and Sheridan.

I was playing pool at a garage for almost the entire night. I heard from over a dozen drivers who were coming in to pay their lease how amazingly slow it was out there.

I think I made more money playing pool that night than most drivers did actually driving. I'm not that good of a pool player, either.

I think this petition for a hearing on the 16% fare increase proposal of Prateek Sampat's couldn't come at a worse time. It's not a good idea to make or force long-term decisions in the middle of a suddenly turbulent storm.

I think that cabdrivers and the City should wait until the markets settle down a bit so everybody knows where we are all standing in the aftermath of this economic mess.

At least the price of gas has made enough of a drop to make a little difference in our bottom line.

-Mike Foulks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Last night was very slow for a Friday night. I was surprised to see so many cabs with their top lights on cruising down what are ordinarily busy streets. It seems that what's having to our economy is having a sudden and dramatic impact on taxi drivers. Did anybody else notice that too?

George

Re: Anybody work last night?

Did anyone check the calender? Jewish holidays have been known to translate into slow work. Kind of surprised someone with a Lebanese background didn;t know this.

Re: Re: Anybody work last night?

what we need here in Chicago is new leadership. Mayor Daley shoyuld do the right thing and give the people in Chicago what they deserve and that's new leadership.

If Obama was smart, he should run for mayor of Chicago instead, because he's the only one who could beat Richard Daley and break his machine politics.

Re: Re: Re: Anybody work last night?

Why don't just ask the cops.
They watch 24/7 and they can tell who drove and where.

cops are fleas. always ready to bite your wallet

The cops are everywhere. They are like fleas looking to give a ticket.