General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Reader Opinions

What "free legal aid" do we qualify for and why haven't we gotten it? Your comment that giving this lawyer $20k is a mistake is silly. Free legal aid? You get what you pay for.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Reader Opinions

What about paying while you're getting? Giving a guy 20k BEFORE he starts is what's silly. Why pay 20k up front? One thousand would be more than fair. Pay as you go then. Why not tell your man this George?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reader Opinions

We are raising money to pay Mr. Geoghegan for a specific job. If you think taxi drivers deserve the right to form a union, please join our cause.

We're raising $20,000 to pay a very accomplished Harvard labor attorney to try to secure the rights of Chicago taxi drivers to unionize. We're working to raise that money. That's all there is to it.

George Lutfallah

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reader Opinions

Nathan was willing to do the job for free. He didn't want 20k. While we're at it, the surcharge you've been touting is history. This is why a lawsuit was filed. The Mag Seven case is still alive and the city is on the run. This is our only real hope of a raise until we get the tiny one planned for next spring. Wait, isn't this what I predicted on this site several months ago? A small raise in the spring AFTER the Olympic decision is made.

One other thought, George Kasp mentions six union members. Nathans group still has more support and has made more progress than you have sir. Keep up the good work.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reader Opinions

Habib,

I don't know anybody named Nathan who was willing to "do the job for free."

The strategy we're working on was developed by Harvard labor attorney Thomas Geoghegan. He's the only attorney who presented this strategy and he's the only attorney I've met who's qualified to pursue this for us.

We certainly don't need any ambulance chasers or greenhorns screwing this up like that one attorney screwed up the lawsuit against the surcharge. Don't you agree?

George

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reader Opinions

You don't know Don Nathan?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reader Opinions

I know who Donald Nathan is. He's a lawyer who is worth way less than what he wants to charge us.

George

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

You don't know Don Nathan?