General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Reader Opinions

yea its not fair but the matter is that every hotel does this and as much as we try every hotel is not going to change ! We as cab drivers are not united and never will be ! Look at the strike every cab was still working while you guys were loseing money

Re: Re: Re: Reader Opinions

good to us meaning when there are short fares as a courtesy they will pull a cab off the street instead of the line and they will also talk to people waiting for the airport shuttle (our real problem) with no tickets they will get us the fare. this fighting never works. both sides lose

Re: Re: Re: Re: Reader Opinions

Ahmad-

What good does it do us if the doormen are pulling cabs off the street to take the short fares and we only occasionally get an ohare while they're selling the majority of the ohare fares? If the issue of hustling had been left not addressed, taxi drivers as a whole are losing. You stated "this fighting never works." What does work, in your opinion?

FYI - I've been working on what you referred to as our real problem and will continue to.

Melissa

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reader Opinions

my opinion? u should start a code of conduct for cab drivers. Drivers must speak english, know where the basic buildings in chicago are, be neat, drive non aggressive and be freindly to people.our conduct has fueled the limo industry. there were never this many limos 10 15 years ago. you have to ask yourself why are people taking the more expensive option. they come for 40 dollars in a cab and leave in a more expensive limo. Why? and all this stuff your starting do u realize if you are on the head and a airport comes out 99 out of a 100 cab drivers will steal your load if they can. i was like you a long time ago. your a smart women take care of YOURSELF. quit worring about other drivers. beleave me its not worth it

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reader Opinions

no response? where's my union rep?