General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: weekend taxi? not good

weekneds nights are 2 slow because of too many cabs and less people going out.

cab bussiness generally is also slow.

work at mcdonald for 8$ for 10 hrs and you make $80 for 10 hrs with free foods and less stress and problems. you will make more money at mcdonald.

good luck!

Re: Re: weekend taxi? not good

I think if you get paid 10$ hourly, it's better to work other job than drive cabs because there are tooo many cabs and less fares and too long drive and less earnings!

i will look for a job at target as cashier soon.

Re: Re: Re: weekend taxi? not good

What about cleaning the stalls at Maywood Park?

Re: Re: weekend taxi? not good

Didn't you ever see the movie "Supersize" about eating Mc Donalds food daily? You'll die faster eating there daily than you would posting up on 63rd and Cottage Grove. There must be a problem between your ears sir.

Re: Re: Re: weekend taxi? not good

instead of attacking, it's true working at macdonald makes more money than driving cabs.

he just said cab bussiness has less earnings and free foods too .
take suggestions and advice and not make bad comments.

Re: Re: Re: Re: weekend taxi? not good

You should stop driving cabs if your income is less than minimum wage. You must not be a very good driver if this is the case.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: weekend taxi? not good

I HAVE BEEN DRIVING CAB for the last 8 years and what you mean i don't know?

we used to make good money few years ago but due to the surge of many new drivers and cabs and slowing economy and declining riderships and high lease costs, yes , drivibg cab makes less or about the same money as working as store casheirs.
you work 8 hrs at target for 80 bucks but you can
t make 80 bucks for yourself after lease and gas cost in 8 hrs driving cabs.
It's much easier working at mcdonald or jewel osco than driving cab because you make more money plus you get lots of belefits like insurance and retirement planning.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: weekend taxi? not good

i'm a student.that's why i need a cab for weekend.unfortunately your advise it's useless like a fight between cab drivers on rush street

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: weekend taxi? not good

Paul, I gave good advice. If a guy can't make money driving a cab perhaps he should be cleaning out the stalls at Maywood Park. Don't let this jerk discourage you. There is still money to be made out there. Just like any other job, you do need to work for it though. Just because you have a cab doesn't mean you can just park somewhere and stuff your face. A cab driver has to hustle. Its always been this way.

By the way. McDonald's is for losers. The other guy that is posting about how good the wages and food are there is one.