General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Enger Management

Personally I think a fare increase now would be selling ourselves short. We are in a period of declining prices where people are actively looking to cut expenses. However, the economy has its ups and downs. Our economy is definitely low right now but will turn upward at some point. That's when we should ask for more than a 16 percent fare increase. A 16 percent fare increase after what we've been through for the past four years will be an insult to us. A 16 percent fare increase now would be an insult to our passengers.

George Lutfallah
Chicago Dispatcher

be smart!

I don't understand why Goerge and Mellisa thinks that cozying up with REYES will be good for majority of the cabbies.
They have to udnerstand that REYES is the one who is flooding the streets with more cabs, more higher fines, more stricter regulations like the credit card ordinance and all this without any Fare increase.
It's not just the gas price that was once very high, but food and normal living costs and also lease costs are too high and we do need fare increase now to combat those problems. Thoe people who normally don't take cabs won't take cabs no matter if the fare has increased and they will keep riding in bus and trains but those who can afford cabs will continue to take cabs and that has been my expereince for the last 9 yrs.

Instead of just saying yes to REYES, Goerge and melissa must tell her the concerns all cab drivers share that is we do need a decent fare increase, They must tell REYES she should end this unfair credit card ordinance, They should also tell REYES that we don't need more cabs and new drivers and cap on medallion sales.
No more new medallion sales and no mroe new cab drivers. they must suggest REYES that more and more incompetent new driver is killing our bussiness.

We have much more than enough cabs in Chicago and we don't need new drivers coming out of HAROLD WASHINGTON chauffer college. They should end new medallion sales and end the chauffer class or make the chauufer class to 10 weeks from 2 weeks as many long time drivers suggest.
So, PLease tell her these concerns to REYES instead of just passing us the news that REYES wants us to hear. by the way, i am an indepedent minded cabbie on this, i am not affiliated with either of the 2 organizations.
thank you.

Re: be smart!

You make lots of sense and you are right. this city is very unfair to us.
I will strike. I hope many other drivers join.