General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Those who object to cameras in cabs are off the mark.

Cab drivers DO NOT NEED 'permission' from ANYBODY to make and keep recordings (video or audio) of events that occur in his cab.

It seems to me that 'in your world' there is room for rules that would make - available... cabs... with a partition, with a camera... or with both.

How about drivers like me? Drivers who, like me, object to regulators posturing themselves as more concerned, functional and effective concerning how to address or 'handle' risk of attack in a taxi than I am.

The are 'out-of-touch' with actual cab driving matters, and with no cab driving experience, are undeniably blowing smoke up our skirts.

I demand, as the federal law specifies, retention of the right to choose - if... I want to use, or NOT use, a partition... and when I might DO SO (as an I_C... it IS my choice)... to do either, both... or neither.

I also demand that taxi regulators mind their own fnquing business. My survival... is MY business... not theirs.

I demand an end to the use of illegal, unsafe, uncertified, non-complying taxi partitions.

SWC

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Those who object to cameras in cabs are off the mark.

I've carefully read all of their responses.

What they are objecting to is the removal of partitions.

It seems that it doesn't matter if it is a camera or a pumpkin being installed in cabs.

What they are worried about is the provision allowing owners to have one or the other (a camera or a partition) and still pass inspection.

This worry is one I won't ignore.

Cabdrivers who wish to lease a cab with a shield should be able to do so.

Cabdrivers who wish to lease a cab with a camera should be able to do so.

Cabdrivers who wish to lease a cab with both a camera and a partiton should be able to do so.

Let's not scapegoat the cameras just because the City has decided to allow opting for one or the other.

If the important thing is keeping the partitions as a requirement, then that should be the focus of all you "anti-camera" cabdrivers.

Am I not expressing the basis of your objections more clearly?

Rather, how does permitting cabs to have cameras hurt cabdrivers? I don't see how it does at all.

-Mike Foulks