Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: tyre pressures

I use 24 all round - seems OK after 20 odd years...

The unassisted steering will feel very heavy at very slow speeds, but should be fine when up and running.

You'll probably find that even small amounts of pressure will make a large difference to the comfort of the car - as well as the steering! Going up to 24psi might shake your bones a bit... Experiment to find a compromise.

I run 18psi on a TCV8, tried 20psi but found it too bouncy.

Re: Re: tyre pressures

Thanks lads , just knew you would come up with the answer , hope to catch yer at one of the shows ,thanks again. Eric

I run 20psi on mine, and the ride is ok for me, I do tend to up it to 24psi in the rear when loaded with tent,bags,chairs etc when atending shows and events. If i forget to drop it down again when empty she does bounce a little at the back
HTH
Mark

It's worth bearing in mind that many of us have different springs and dampers which also have a bearing on the ride. Personally I use 3 psi more than the MGB's 21/24 which for me felt a bit soft - i.e. 24/27 with Spax dampers and "downrated" springs at the front.
I agree with Donnie who said to try a bit of experimentation until you are happy with it.
Good luck