Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another question from our Belguim member...

As owner of a NG TF it is not easy for us to find solutions concerning this car.
After having a few drives around, it seemed a little strange so much wind is entering the car driving with the hood down. OK that is the meaning of it and I love the feeling.
But it makes a kind of turbulance and driving without glasses is nearly inpossible.
I looked at several models and I have seen some cars with side screens and even cars with doors (without roof). My model needs to connect the doors to the roof.
No roof, no doors. Now the most important question.
Can I alter this model with sidescreens or other doors without making drastic alterations.
It seems these things can be put on a NG. They are fixed on the front window-frame.
The frame on my car has no hinges, can I put some on ? Where can I find them?
How do you fix them to the frame without breaking the front window, or damage the frame?
My son is coming to Stoneleigh can he find something overthere??
Specially the wife would be pleased when I find a solution, and a happy wife is a lucky guy. Thanks for helping me out, tried all the information I could find , perhaps UK side will give a solution.

Thanks and greetings

Jackie
(jackie.barnes@pandora.be)

Re: Another question from our Belguim member...

There is usually a good turnout of NGs at Stoneleigh so that will be the best place to look at what other NG owners have done. I think the majority go on the Sunday - I will. The club area is site 40A on the junction between 4th street and avenue H.
You may also like to see some of the details of my hood, side screens and wind deflectors on my own website at http://www.ngkitcar.co.uk.

Re: Another question from our Belguim member...

Dear Jackie,
Yes, doors are possible, but not a five minute job!!
I can't see whether you have an old aluminium windscreen or a new chrome one. If the new chrome one, sidescreens as on Chris Humphreys' website do keep a lot of wind out. However, I suspect that you have the old aluminium screen which is a different height and angle so the stiff side screens do not fit.
We can supply glass wind deflectors. Again they are intended for the chrome windscreen, should be able to be fitted to the aluminium screen with a bit of tapping of threads.
What I would really recommend for your car as a TC is to take the screen off altogether and buy a pair of aeroscreens and a couple of leather helmets and a couple of pairs of googles. Aeroscreens are very effective at keeping the wind off and there is no buffeting from behind. We won't be at Stoneleigh, but your son is welcome to come and visit us at East Meon.
Good luck and happy motoriNGMFPC