Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cortina Henley

Hi, I posted this question a while ago but did nt get any reply, so here goes again:-) Does anyone have any idea how many Cortina Henleys were ever completed?
I know mine was the first bodyshell and chassis produced, any help appreciated.

Kev

Re: Cortina Henley

I have a list of about 180 members (alas not everyone returned their Information Forms) and there are just 3 Cortina based NGs on it.

Hi Kev,
I might be wrong but I don't think anyone here could answer that one, I think you need someone like Steve Hole from TKC, he may have a little history about Henley's in his archives.
Mark

Cheers guys, Just a bit of info might interest you
I ordered my car from Pastiche in late 89 or 90. At that time Peter Fellows only had the Sierra based Henley, I bought mine on the promise of the "new" Cortina version, but they had not produced one it was just "off plan really" I got my kit in dribs n drabs, I'm not after bad mouthing anyone but it was a nightmare to get the bits. I waited 10 months for the front wings alone.Then they went into receivership and I ended up paying for quite a lot of the kit twice. I think a lot of the development for the cortina version was done on my car. mine was chassis and body #1. I finally got the car on the road in Mar ch 91. I ended up selling itin Feb 92 due the impending arrival of nipper number 1. Fast forward to 11 May 2009 I have just bought my old car back yipeeee! I spotted it for sale on this forum and it had only been put up for sale that day! Amazing really it was a fluke. I just wondered how many were ever completed ( Cortina Version ) TKC ?? Total kit car? do you think they would have this information?? Cheers Kev

That's a great story, Kev!

How has it fared over the years?

It has fared very well indeed, I dont know haw or if you can post photos on this forum so you can judge for yourself. In anycase I will try and e mail you some. Kev

Hi Kevin

I too bought my cortina based Henley from Pastiche just before they went bust. I also had a few issues especially with the handbrake cable mounts and ended up making my own. A few of the kit bits never turned up (hood, seats and grille mesh) but managed to complete it. I did order the seats and hood from CCC when they took over the car but did not get them.

I went up to CCC in Newtown St Boswells to talk to the owner (can't remember his name) who gave me a cheque as a refund for the non supply. I half expected the cheque to bounce and it did. Didn't get anywhere after that but did try.

I run the car for about 3 years as my daily driver then went back to tin tops. I do miss it though.

The last time I heard about the car Gavin Wemyss was rebuilding it.

Great to hear I wasn't alone in pioneering the Cortina Henley - my story is briefly written up in the 'Gallery' section of the NG website. I had loads of fun from my creation and was sorry to part with it about a year ago - though I'm still enjoying the MGTF I swapped it for! - Good luck to the new owner!
Peter

Thanks for the info guys I hope I meet up at a meeting with you somewhere, is there anyway to post a photo on here?

Hi Kev.

As I've never seen any photos on the actual forum pages, I guess the thing to do would be to use 'Photobucket' or similar to upload your piccies and then post a link to them on here.

Please give it a go - as an owner of a Sierra-based Henley, I'm very interested!

Please see HTML and adding photos...