Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Electrical problems

Having just started to check over the car for the first spring outing, I have ecountered some electrical faults.
Horn not working, heater fan not working. Headlights normal driving beam not working, main beam only??
From what I see there are only 2 fuses in the car, apart from the integral fuses on 3 relays. These have been checked and are ok. I've directly wired the heater fan & the motor works ok.Does the horn only work with the engine running?
Re the headlights, presumably the switching should work as follows, 1st pull sidelights, 2nd pull headlights; the left stalk then switches between dipped & main beam? With mine on the second pull, the headlights don't come on, but the stalk switches to main beam!
Any advice gratefully received

Re: Electrical problems

Have you checked under the dashboard?

Its been a long time since I did mine, and my wiring is bespoke but I did base it on a standard wiring scheme. There is/maybe an inline fuse that is on the headlamp switch wire.