Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: In-Car Intercom

Out of interest for anybody else who might benefit from an intercomm.
Paul was true to his word and brought his (unwanted) intercomm to the NGOC Christmas Lunch. It looked ideal and a quick test in the carpark seemed promising, so a few pound notes changed hands.
Su and I have had only one opportunity to try it out yo date but this was quite impressive. It is an 'Oxford3' module about the size of a matchbox with jack sockets for two very lightweight headphones with stalk mikes. The module runs on a 12v camera battery but also has a 12v input jack, and has volume control and a mute button.
Audibility is very good even with V8 and open top with no hood nor helmet/beany (the headset is small enough to be easily worn under either)
The only problem we found was wind noise from the mikes (probably solved with a furry cover)
We are looking forward to trying this further as the weather improves, and will report further.
One point to note is that the standard Oxford module does not come with these headset but loose earphone pads and mikes to stick inside a helmet (these are intended for motorbike use)(Not sure where Paul got his from)
Also the various wires are all rather long and get easily tangled, but these can be readily shortened. (Though how good would a wireless version be !!!!)
Those interested might also note that there is now an Oxford4 which I believe include seperate input jack for MP3/SatNav etc
Oxford3 is abot £50 and Oxford4 £100 - significantly cheaper than anything else I've seen.

Does anybody else have experience to add ?? - please - Chris