Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Switch for two speed wiper and self parking.

To achieve this one ideally needs a single pole 3position switch which has an ON in all three positions. I can find neither a toggle nor a rotary switch to achive this. Has anybody any suggestions ? It needs to be 'retro' in appearance.
My only other option would seem to be a single pole On/Off/On switch with a relay to do the self park circuit.
Any ideas - Thanks - Chris

Re: Switch for two speed wiper and self parking.

Hi Chris, Unfortunately electrics are not my forte so not much help here. That said I very much believe in keeping things simple. Is the standard MGB switch on the column not an option? Alternatively a switch of a similar BL vehicle of the same era (ie Mini, spitfire or something similar) may work. This would keep the standard wiring colour codes which may help if trouble strikes.

Hi Paul - thanks for your thoughts.
No I have no space between steering column & dash for a stalk. - Chris

Chris, Further thoughts, go to http://www.carbuildersolutions.co.uk/download/catalogue.pdf

Page 54.

They have a 2 speed wiper switch that might do the job.

regards

Paul

Hi again Paul - that CBS switch does everything that I would want electrically but is too modern looking to be ideal aesthetically. Chris