Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Electric petrol pumps

Hi Paul - strikes me as being a bit paranoid.
Oil pressure warning light and a pair of eyes would do for most people.
Also there may be occasions where you would need to risk driving on to a place of safety. I wouldn't fancy an instantaneous fuel cut-off while tanking it up the outside lane of a motorway(way to scary for me thanks !!)
regards - Chris

Hi Chris, An interesting and seat gripping scenarion you have painted there. Hadn't thought of it in those terms so definately food for thought. Would be a scary situation while travelling at the maximum legal limit in the outside lane and the oil light comes on. A risk either way and definately buttock clenching. Thanks to all for their thoughts. This system was fitted to Range Rovers and SD1's I believe. Regards Paul

Hi everyone who has posted on this subject.

After reading all the previous posts I think the route I favour is to see if it is possible to have the oil pressure light come on at slightly higher (10/15) psi and fit a separate manual OFF Switch to the fuel pump (perhaps with a "Doomsday Cover") so it cannot be accidently operated.

Cheers Rob