Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: NG-TC V8 Battery Location

Wisdom says no, but I relocated the battery to the boot of the TC as it was used in competition. All I can say is I never had any problems with cranking.
Why are you tempted to do it?

Re: NG-TC V8 Battery Location

Hi Chris, As you know I am rewiring my TF V8 at the moment. I have left it with the battery in the back. A bit of a pain to get in and out but have managed to route the cable through the tub along side the prop tunnel reasonably neatly. I have used standard cable glands from Wickes for entry and exit to the tub to protect,seal and keep things neat. With the carpet in you wouldn't know it was there. In the back keeps it out the way in my opinion and if it is cold enough to prevent the engine turning over then the car is staying in the garage. The heat from the engine can't do the battery any good really can it in such a small engine bay?

Regards

Paul