Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Historic tax changes in 2014

Hi all,
I have a '73 L reg mgb based TF which warrants road tax at present. (Correctly reg as NG TF.) Can any one say if it could be classed for Historic road tax in 2014 when the recent budget changes will apply? Is the tax based on date of manufacture only and/or first registered date.
I know its not automatically applied but would not want to waste time and effort with DLVA if theres no chance.
Don't have this quandry with the old S2a Land Rover!!

jp

Re: Historic tax changes in 2014

Hi John, I had a look in the budget speech and found the section below which will hopefully answer your question:

"2.148 VED: classic vehicle exemption – The Government will extend the cut off date from which classic vehicles are exempt from VED by one year. From 1 April 2014 a vehicle manufactured before 1 January 1974 will be exempt from paying VED. (Finance Bill 2014)"

I hope this helps and will bring a smile to those with cars that are pre 1st january 1974.

Regards

Paul

Re: Historic tax changes in 2014

Hi
I had this issue with a L reg VW which was first registered after the date but research through the build records showed date of manufacture prior.
DVLA accepted but it needed a letter from VW
Worth the time
Cheers
B