Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Club database

Hi All,

I am trying to put together a database of NG cars for strictly and exclusive club usage only.

I have trawled the internet for pictures of all the NGs I can find on various kitcar and 'for sale' sites. I now have pictures of just over 100 NGs that can be identified by their registration number. This is nowhere near the number that have been sold as kits and there must be many more than 100 completed cars out there.

If you have a picture of your pride and joy or a car you have built/owned in the past. Could you please send me a photo that clearly shows the registration plate and a few details about it. I will then add it to the database.

To allay any fears, many clubs try to maintain a list of cars and owners as part of their records. We as the NG owners club are no different in this respect. Any information you are prepared to give will not be shared with any third parties and is for the exclusive use of NG owners club officials.

Regards

Paul

Re: Club database

Hi Folks, there have been 23 views of this post and not one reply or photo to build up more information about our cars....!!!!

I now have information about 400 cars and over 100 photos..... So if you want to share information with me please get in touch.....

I haven't completed the whole list yet but have found 17 cars still registered as MGBs, a couple as Morris Marinas, a Mitsubishi and even a Puch. I have been suprised to find that there are even cars out there with make & model unknown so that must make MOT time quite interesting...!!! So there is quite a mixture of registration information available.

Please contact me if you want to know if I have your car listed and what information I have.

Come on then folks please help me to build up the list of cars built by contributing information about your cars.....!!!

Regards

Paul

Hi

I have an NG TF, I used to be a member but now lapsed. If you require details, I'll forward with picture

Dave

hi
do you have details of ours? if not what do you need to know
NG TF reg SDF 630H?

jeni

Hi Jeni,

Thanks for making contact and offering information. I have usual details about your car(MGB based TF 1800)and a photo but no information about who built it or when. You can email me directly if you don't want to make the information public.

I hope you are able to go to the National rally in Stratford. As a new member it would be a good opportunity for you to meet other members and look at other cars. It is an inclusive group and you would be most welcome even if you could only come for one day. Further details are on the front page of the website and it would be a nice run across the Cotswolds to get there

Next week is also the Witney Motor show on Thursday the 4th July. It would be really good if you could make it and we can have a chat. There are a couple of us from the Oxford area going and further details can be found at: www.witneymotorshow.co.uk/.

Regards

Paul

The data gathering is progressing well. I now have the registration numbers of nearly 1600 NGs produced over the years( either through past & present members or photos)

This doesn't mean that we can now stop because there are still cars out there that have never been club members of photos are not available.

Hi Jeni, Just been doing a bit more work on the database. It appears you are the 4th person registered within the club to own this car. It seems like it has stayed in the south of England and memberships have been registered in the following counties: GLOS,CORNWALL,WARKS and now WILTS.

Would you like me to pass your email onto the last 2 previous owners(subject to their email addresses still being valid)?

Hope to see you at the national rally this weekend.....

Regards

Paul