Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: National Rally

Hi All,

What a cracking weekend. Hot & sunny, quality campsite and lots to do throughout the weekend.

A big thanks to Paul & Donna, Mary and the ladies that kept everyone fed with superb food.

Some very nice cars attended but where are the rest??? Approx 2000 kits have been sold over the years and there are about 300 members but only a small fraction attend the National Rally!!! NG's are recreational vehicles that are ideally suited to being driven in fine weather so where were all the NGs that have been built over the years??? The good weather was forecast for the weekend yet under 40 cars showed up...!!!

The rally is put on as the focal point of the year for the membership. It really is a family orientated and inclusive event but what do you want as a member? What stops you attending the national rally? There are no right or wrong answers but as a member what would encourage you to attend the national rally??? Alternatively is there something else you feel is more suitable??? If you are a member reading this, It is your club and your views are required to help steer the club in the future.

Apologies if this comes over as a bit of a rant. Lots of effort goes into planning this event and it would be good to get a bit more support from the membership.

Regards

Paul B

Re: National Rally Location

Hi All,

I have only recently got my internet back due to computer and software problems.
I would like to add my thanks to the NGOC Committee for a wonderful weekend at Stratford-on-Avon, as usual the food was great!

My one comment is that I believe the location should be varied more often!

I think that more than two or three consecutive Rallies at the same place should be avoided.

With the above in mind has anyone got any ideas for new venues; bearing in-mind that the location should be reasonably central, though I would prefer somewhere 30-50 miles South and East of Stratford; however as the SE Area rep I am biased!!

It is YOUR CLUB so input PLEASE!!! RG.