Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TC seats

DOES MY BUM LOOK BIG IN THIS?
I have just looked at a TC V8 with a view to buying but find the seats (standard NG?) are a bit tight across the hips.
Has anyone had this problem?
Would other seats fit the TC as I have a pair of Cobra classic seats (500mm wide) that suit me.
As I am nowhere near where the car is I can't just nip round with a tape measure.
Regards.

Re: TC seats

Hi Chris,

I have a TA Mk2 rather than a TC; I believe my cockpit to be 1" larger than a TC each side of the transmission tunnel. I can just get early MGB seats in, with limited forward movement. I think in a TC the biggest seat you can get in is approx., 18" so about 450mm.

Hope this helps, our magazine editor Chris **** has a V8 TC and maybe able to give you a more definite answer.

Happy NGing Rob G.

Hi Chris, If you do buy the TC you are thinking about, please remember to join the owners club. We are a very freindly inclusive group of enthusiasts and the membership is only £15 per year(less than 3 gallons of petrol or a good bottle of polish). You get a very good quarterly magazine, the opportunity to attend owners club events( the National rally is a highlight) and access to the combined knowledge of other owners in the club. Regards Paul

I have a tc v8 and the absolute maximum width is 18 inches hope this helps
Ed

Hi Chris
I agree with Ed - 460mm is maximum overall width across the seat cushion.
However since the seat back will need to hinge or pivot forward to access the load space in the boat tail, the maximum width of the seat back at about 200mm above floor level should be down to 430mm (this is because the rolled edge of the cockpit side reduces the effective width for pivoting the seatback)
I also echo Paul comment, please join the club if you do become a proud NG owner.
Good Luck with your purchase - Chris

Thanks for the help chaps. I shall have to get back to the car and have a serious wriggle about!
It is obvious that the seats I have will not fit but perhaps I'm worrying unnecesarily.
Regards,
Chris