Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hazard Warning lights

Has anyone fitted a hazard warning light system? I see Moss & others do a kit for £30 odd, is there a diy alternative?
Dave

Re: Hazard Warning lights

Hi David,

I am no electrical expert but would be willing to help you with this topic. Send me a private email and I will send you my phone number.

I am in the process of wiring up my car so this topic is reasonably fresh in my mind. I used the RFL6 flasher unit from Vehicle wiring products( See link on NG owners web site). It has three wires. Red one which is live from the battery via the switch as its for hazards, Black for earth and green to whatever you want to flash ie. both indicator lamps both sides. I would recommend a separate flasher for the indicators powered via the ignition switch as this makes the wiring easier and you only want the indicators to operate when the ignition is on.

As I say, I am no expert but happy to share my limited knowledge on the subject if you want to contact me on private mail.

Regards

Paul