Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Detling Kit Car Show 2014

Hi NGer's

It is possible that the Detling Kit Car Show 2014 has gone the same way as the Newark Show (i.e. CANCELLED due to poor gate money/bad weather).

On the Detling Showground dates list they are now stating a "Quilt Festival" is taking place on the last weekend in March. The following weekend (5th April)is showing a Heritage Transport Show; no mention of kit cars in the provisional info.

I will keep you posted as more information becomes available.

Stoneleigh Appears to be still on in the usual early May Spring Bank Holiday Slot.

Regards Rob G. SE Area Contact.

Re: Detling Kit Car Show 2014

Hello NGers, more news on the Detling Show; not good I am afraid:-

Since my last post, I have spoken (via email) to Lucy Hagerty Showground Manager at Detling. I can confirm that there WILL NOT be a Kit Car Show at Detling in Spring or Summer of 2014.

As this is the case they will now allow a small number of kit cars as exhibitors at the Heritage Transport Show on Saturday April 5th.
This is a ONE day show, mainly for buses and commercial vehicles, plus some pre-1980's classic cars.

I don't think there is going to be overnight camping, there is "a lock-in" must be on Showground by 9:30 and not allowed to leave before 16:00, they mainly want kits with donor vehicles pre 1980; so historic NG's no problem.

If anyone is interested in attending this show, forms have to be filled in and sent off before mid March, can supply form pdf, will run convoy from Crown Point but at earlier time of 9:00am if enough interest. Regards RobG.