Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Early (1987/8) NG TC 1800 to TC V8 EFi

Hi all,

first post and all that.

I have a 1987 model NG TC with the MGB engine in it that I am going to rebuild with a Rover V8 Vitesse EFi engine and gearbox.

I have some work to do on the body, strip, clean and repair, then plan on turning the MGB heater around and lowering it so I can locate it centrally on the footwell top, I have replaced the MGB steering column with one from the Vitesse, so I can have all the switches on the column instead of dotted all over the dash.

I want to install the engine with it's injection system, and maybe the TCR style bonnet and side pipes - but I need to find a supplier who can make the pipes reasonably quiet - but otherwise the engine will be standard.

I plan to just rebush the MGB suspension and upgrade that once the car is running, but suggestions welcome.

What I'm looking for, while everything is in pieces, are suggestions to improve or include improvements made by NG / Pastiche / the other owners and Findhorn that have happened in the intervening 27 years.

I don't believe it's been that long !

I look forward to lots of good suggestions !!

Thanks,

Malc

- membership number 436

Re: Early (1987/8) NG TC 1800 to TC V8 EFi

Hi Malc,

My suggestion would be, while you have it in bits(I assume body off, Do all the mods that bring it up to current IVA compliant spec( extra brackets to bolt the seats to and the piece across the back to bolt the seat belt units to). Have a look at Chris Humphries web site. He has some good diagrams etc on there. You can also send me a private email and we can exchange numbers for a chat. I can then explain what I have done to mine and send you some pictures. I also have some formers for the lower bonnet sides where the exhaust pipes fit if you are interested.

Regards

Paul