Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Nigella's Got a Clutch Problem

It may just be that it's stuck because of no use in these lovely damp conditions. Keep pumping the pedal to see if it will release. I used to get similar problems with my TR2 powered kit car, it was the clutch fork not fully pushing on the release bearing, exacerbated by weak hydraulics. Suggest refurbish the master & slave cylinders with new seals as well

Dave

Sounds like a plan
Cheers
B

Hi Brian,

I have had similar problems in the past. What I did to cure it was to get the car supported on the rear axle with axle stands. Make sure the front wheels are well chocked. Start the engine, run until warm and engage 1st gear. Sit in the car and apply the clutch then the brakes. It will probably stall a couple of times and then there will be a bit of a bang and everything should become free. This is assuming the clutch master and slave cylinders are working correctly. The normal caveat applies in that this is what I did and you try this at your own risk.

Regards

Paul

Sorry to here of your woes, I suffered the same misfortune when I was building my NCF Diamond. My remedy was to start the car in first, pick up a bit of speed and then jump on the clutch and brake at the same time, there was quite a bit of rubber on the drive before I succeeded. Also had it with an HA van but the above solution did not work so it was gearbox out, clutch cover off and the clutch plate had to be prised off with a screwdriver.In both cases the engines had been stored outside under tarps. Good luck and I accept no liability!