Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Exhausts

I am, at the moment rebuilding my TA. I have had a new front pipe made by a company in Devon called GS Exhausts. I drew the shape I needed and they made it for me. However, I now need a silencer and over axle/tail pipe. I contacted GS and they needed all kinds of angles and rotations supplying, even though I drew patterns with all measurements. If they could have done it, I was quoted at least six weeks before they could look at it.
I decided to have just a silencer made, and then take further measurements from that. I contacted six or seven companies via the internet. Two replied saying that they would require the car on their ramps to make it properly. That would be impossible in the condition it is in. The remainder did not even reply.
However, I then came across this company, www.cybox.co.uk. They are in the Wirral. Jerry, the gent running the exhaust section was most helpful. I gave him the measurement of the silencer I required, and he came straight back to me with the various possibilities and prices. I was pleasantly surprised when he gave me a price of £56 + vat, when I had been quoted £250 + vat from another company. And, yes, it is top grade stainless.
Jerry told me that the carriage was £12.50, so if I needed anything else, to sort it out and let him know before the parcel was sent, and they would enclose anything at the same price.
The silencer arrived a few days later but unfortunately the two 45 degree bends I had added were not in the box. After a couple of phone calls the bends were sent, without any carriage costs. I know it was their fault, but they could have ignored me like other companies had done, they had been paid for the silencer and had not charged for the bends anyway.
The bends are a good length, allowing for any shortening, whereas most others only have a 4" straight leg, these have about 8". They cost £11.00+vat each,x45mm diameter, which is quite a bit less than the competition. Just be aware of the carriage cost when comparing.
So, if you require any exhaust bits, I can recommend them.