Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: TC V8 steering

Hi Alex
John Hoyle is very knowledgable about anything NG
I have asked him to contact you.
Please consider joining the NG Owners Club - it is inexpensive and the best way to get the support and encouragement that you will probably need.
I will email you membership forms - Chris

Thanks Chris,

Will be seeing the car on Saturday and will take stock of what's left to do. I shall certainly be joining the club immediately if I move on with it, it's great to know some support is out there.

Have been looking into the TC V8, has anyone on here gone from carbs to EFI? If so, is it worth the effort/agro? This particular car has a fast road cam, 4 barrel Holley & Offy manifold, and I'm thinking it would be great to hit circa. 200bhp or so? Is that achievable without EFI?

More to the point, assuming steering can be resolved satisfactorily, anyone think that the SVA/IVA requirements in 2014 will be difficult to achieve with this setup?

Many thanks, Alex

Hi Alex
You don't say what the engine capacity is.
However unless you have something more sophisticated than an MGB based suspension it is unlikely that you will achieve any useable benefit by changing to EFI.
'Rocket', our NG-TC V8 with 3.9ltr,Edelbrock carb and Offy manifold churns out more power than the original MGB-GT suspension can 'sensibly' handle.

I can't see that Carbs/EFI has any bearing on the testing. But for sure there is a minefield of other minutea waiting to bite your backside !
Where do you live ? their may be an NGer local with some recent experience.
regards - Chris

Thanks Chris,

It's an unmodified but reconditioned 3.5. Good point on the suspension, will check this tomorrow.

I'm in Maidenhead, Berks and of all things your last statement is the most concerning. I'm in no rush to get roadworthy, but need a bit of comfort that I can get there. I don't mind lots of niggly small stuff, if the basics already in place then it will be a great project.

Given that I'm viewing tomorrow, is there anything inparticular I should be wary of? That has a big price or 'gotcha' attached?

Regards, Alex

Hello again Alex
I don't have any direct experience of the testing ordeal.
But I know enough to recommend that you don't proceed with a purchase until you have a better grasp of what's involved.
I will try and get someone else to contact you
regards - Chris