Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dashboard TF

A winter project for me is to remove the dash and re-veneer it. The PO obviously had some water damage and although it was re-varnished it still looks poor.
The build manual is lacking in specific detail, so I was trying to establish the fixing points (without initially removing a seat and lying on my back on the floor!!) I can see two bolt fixings on either end, does anyone know what other fixings there are?

Re: Dashboard TF

Dave
I have a NG TC and without removing the seats and steering wheel it is nigh on impossible to get access to remove the dash
to remove the dash on my car do as above then get on your back to remove the nuts that hold on the soft dashboard roll on the back of the dash itself
you should find some screws holding the dash itself under the dashboard roll that you have just removed
don't forget to lable all of your cars instrument wires before you remove anything
somebody else might be able to tell you a quicker way but i havn't found one
Good Luck
Ed