Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Seller beware

I saw it yesterday, actually it is for sale at £1100.00 more than you say it sold for and offers below that price will be considered.

As apparently the seller got the price he wanted I see nothing wrong.
The new owner can do as he wishes with the car as it is his, although his circumstances seem to have changed very quickly and it has spent time in his dry garage.

Hi Mel,

Yes I understand the seller got what he was asking, so no harm done in that respect. However, there does appear to be a bit of a back-story here. As I understand it, the seller believed he was selling to someone who had been looking for an NG for some time,had recently retired and was looking for a retirement project...

So what happens to the car now??? It will hopefully end up in the hands of an enthusiast that will get it on the road. It could be argued that the higher the price benefits all owners but I don't believe that is why we own our cars. It means that someone will have to pay more for the project car and it will be possibly less likely to actually get on the road.

I know of one enthusiast in the owners club that would have bought it at the original price and would have got it on the road. However, the increased cost has taken it out of budget and he is not prepared to pay an inflated price so a wheeler dealer can make a profit.

Regards

Paul

Thanks Paul. Its hard to value these cars. I may be selling one of my V8s this year but the price is hard to pin down and of course it will be easier to under sell than to over sell.

I have to say, I don't see an issue here, you sell on an enthusiast forum because you don't want the hassle, the idiots and nit pickers of eBay, but you will always make more money by selling on eBay.

I put my engine and gearbox on here and didn't get a single bite, both sold on ebay for over £100 each, and one of those is a dealer located in Belgium.

As regards to what happens to your stuff once you've sold it - well us kit car builders are responsible for the destruction of hundreds of 'classic cars' - and when I bought mine, the guy selling asked numerous times "are you going to restore it ?" - I off course answered yes every time !!