Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Jeremy and Mr Toad - fuel filler?

Unfortunately it would appear that panel is no longer available - was hoping to get hold of a fibreglass repro' but to no avail. Will keep my eyes open for something similar.

Picking up on your thread I'm guessing your problem is slow filling with fuel? I have a similar problem and am sure that I have the solution, it's just a case of getting around to it. The filler pipe is getting air locked and blowing back due to a lack of breather pipe. A half inch pipe is required from the top of the tank running prrallel with the filler and terminating with the filler neck at the top side so that the air in the tank can escape while you are forcing fuel in!

Hi Steve,

Good point to raise but on my car this is not the problem.

I have a breather in place the issue is that to get from the filler to the tank the joining pipe has a rather sharp "S" shape bend to achieve. This limits how far into the filler neck the pump nozzle goes. In addition the fuel comes out of the pump so much faster than it can't get around the bend in the "S" and reach the tank that is tries to come back the other way and either clicks the pump off or ends up all over your feet!

Not sure if this problem is specific to TA's but patience is definitely required when refuelling!

Cheers
Jeremy