Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: oil pump locking camshaft

If you don't get a response from anyone here, I suggest you try https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/MG-MGB/info there are some knowledgeable members in that group. That of course doesn't mean that there aren't knowledgeable people on this forum!!

Hi Dafydd,

Not direct knowledge or experience of this problem but could you file the extra length off the new pump?

Cheers
Jeremy

hi and thanks for the input. it seems that this problem is not unheard of with some pumps that are made other than in the UK, especially for MG owners in the US. it seems to be the impeller shaft that is longer. If I could post pictures I'd be able to show you. Have ordered another more expensive pump. The 1st two, despite being from different retail outlets were from the same ssupllier as far as I can tell.